MBA 4

Time had passed quickly, and it was already Saturday evening. Jiang Yanli couldn't contain her restlessness as she anxiously awaited the party. She repeatedly checked her dress and footwear, going back and forth.

Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying sat on the sofa, fiddling with their phones and sighing as they watched Jiang Yanli's restless pacing.

"A'jie, aren't you tired?" Jiang Cheng finally questioned, rolling his eyes at her.

"B-but I might have forgotten something," she fretted, biting her nail nervously.

"If you look stressed out when we arrive, that would be worse than forgetting something!" Jiang Cheng remarked casually, causing Jiang Yanli to halt in her tracks.

"You're right! Oh no!" She exclaimed in worry and sat down on the sofa between Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying.

"Why are you stressing yourself out so much, Shijie?" Wei Ying inquired, looking at Jiang Yanli, waiting for an answer.

"U-um, Mom said to take it seriously," she replied, rubbing her neck nervously, hoping Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng wouldn't notice.

The two brothers exchanged knowing glances and stifled their giggles, understanding perfectly well why their sister was acting strangely. It was quite obvious!

"Well, you better get ready. It's already 4, and we'll be leaving at six," Mrs. Jiang reminded them, interrupting their moment.

The three siblings promptly retreated to their rooms to prepare for the party.

At six, they were all set to leave. Jiang Yanli's palms were cold and sweaty, and she could feel a nervous chill down her spine. She was incredibly anxious.

They arrived at the party venue, Jin's mansion, which was adorned with yellow gold chandeliers, matching the party's theme.

Jiang Cheng escorted Jiang Yanli into the mansion. The place was crowded with guests, but the Lan family stood out in their pure white attire, wearing white suits for the occasion. Mr. and Mrs. Jiang spotted them and made their way to Lan Qiren.

"Enjoy your night," the couple bid farewell to the three siblings before disappearing into the crowd.

"There's Jin Zixuan," Wei Ying commented, directing Jiang Yanli's attention to him.

Jiang Cheng smirked, thinking, 'Got you, sis,' while Wei Ying chuckled at his sister's reaction.

"Go ahead, A'jie. We'll be fine," Jiang Cheng urged, pushing Jiang Yanli toward Jin Zixuan and winking at her.

She giggled, "Okay, take care, you two!" She said before disappearing into the crowd of guests.

"Now, what should we do?" Jiang Cheng asked Wei Ying, taking a seat in a nearby chair.

Wei Ying grabbed a wine glass and took a sip. "This is sweet," he remarked with a smile, his gaze scanning the room.

Just as he was about to space out, a young lady with fair skin dressed in red caught Jiang Cheng's eye in the middle of the crowd. She appeared to be alone.

"Wei Ying, I'll go somewhere," Jiang Cheng muttered without taking his eyes off her.

"Okay?" Wei Ying agreed with a puzzled expression. His eyes followed Jiang Cheng's gaze, and he couldn't help but smirk. He knew exactly why Jiang Cheng was heading in that direction – he had spotted Wen Qing.

"What a sharp eye you have," Wei Ying thought to himself, chuckling.

Wei Ying decided to pass the time with his phone, but as time went on, he began to feel uneasy. His body started heating up, and various scents lingered in his nose. Wei Ying realized that his nose was too sensitive to the Alpha pheromones around him, and the scents of multiple Alphas were blending together as he inhaled. Suddenly, he felt dizzy and uncomfortable.

He reached for his suppressants in his pockets but realized he had forgotten them. His breathing became ragged, and he started sweating profusely. Wei Ying's pheromones were pouring out of him and lingering in the air, attracting the attention of nearby guests. Alpha eyes were fixated on him, and their mouths watered in response to the pheromones Wei Ying was emitting.

Lan Zhan, who had been about five meters away from Wei Ying, was beside his Uncle Qiren when he caught a familiar scent. "He's in heat," Lan Zhan realized, his senses detecting Wei Ying's overpowering sweet scent, different from his usual scent on campus.

He pushed through the crowd, following Wei Ying's scent, until he reached the spot where Wei Ying was seated. By this time, Wei Ying had passed out, and a Recessive Alpha was attempting to lift him onto his back, clearly with ill intentions due to Wei Ying's irresistible scent. Since Wei Ying was in heat, his pheromones were incredibly strong and attractive to all Recessive Alphas in the room. Any of them could try to attack and mate with Wei Ying.

Lan Zhan intervened, holding onto Wei Ying's arm firmly.

"My boyfriend," he declared, locking eyes with the man. The Alpha immediately released Wei Ying and bowed. He knew that Lan Zhan belonged to one of the prominent families.

The Alpha quickly left the area, and the other Alphas who had been eyeing Wei Ying dispersed as well.

Lan Zhan then scooped Wei Ying up into his arms, carrying him in a bridal style. He needed to find a safe room to put Wei Ying in, away from the prying eyes and the danger of other Alphas who might be drawn to his irresistible scent.