The First Day-Part 2

The Charms classroom had several long desks with benches beneath them. Many Gryffindors and Ravenclaws were already seated. Tina noticed an empty seat that just happened to be the closest to where the teacher would be and had the best view of the blackboard so that she could record all of her notes and have the best spot to listen to the lecture accordingly. (This sounds like something I would actually say! My friends would say that this is so Ravenclaw of me!)

Tina hurriedly took her seat when the professor entered the room. She was a tall woman (about 5'8) and had long dirty blonde hair with dark, piercing, purple eyes that almost didn't fit her face. She stopped in the middle of the room and looked at all the students before speaking in a sharp voice that told the class she did NOT play around.

"Good morning. My name is Professor Margotta and as you've probably guessed, I'm the charms professor at this lovely establishment. So, as I walked into class, I saw that we have a new student with us," she said, swiveling her head to look at Tina, smiling brightly. "Please, young Gryffindor, introduce yourself so we may all be acquainted with your divine presence." To say Tina was freaked out would be an understatement. She was panic-stricken, just a smidge. She already has trouble with social interaction and knowing that these kids would laugh at her only made her feel worse. She had never liked people, to begin with, well all except her sister, her friend back in the states, Lally, Jacob, and Newt. People were cruel and people broke promises, people left and didn't come back, people hurt others and tried to downgrade their confidence because of their own jealousy and arrogance. Some people were great. They were kind, loyal, forgiving, and just, like her friends. She was very nervous about how the other students would perceive her, as she was like a fish out of water, a niffler in a crowd of crups.

Professor Margotta cleared her throat elegantly, peering at Tina as if trying to figure out her thoughts. Tina bowed her head before standing up slowly. She took a deep breath before speaking. "Uhmm..." she said quietly, "Hi! My name is Porpentina Goldstein-" just like in the Great Hall the students snickered. Tina's face flushed before she continued. "I came here from New York with my sister, Queenie and that's about it I guess." The room was silent, before a boy with platinum blonde hair, and piercing gray eyes spoke up.

"Why are you here! I didn't think Dippet would allow Yanks into the school!" Professor Margotta scolded the boy. "Mr. Malfoy! You will not spark like that to fellow students!" 10 points from Ravenclaw!" The boy, Malfoy, glared at Tina before plopping down in his seat. His face reminded her of that of a ferret. A ferret that had just been tossed in the air. "Any other questions?" The room was silent. "Good! Thank you, Ms. Goldstein. Now today we will be learning about the Full Body-Bind curse, Petrificus Totalus."

Sorry, this chapter was a little short, I wanted to section the first day in sections. Please Vote, stay safe and awesome!- Lyra