A New School

In the morning, Tina woke up to an insistent bouncing on her bed. " Come on Teen, wake up!" Her little sister, Queenie said as she giggled. "I'm up! I'm up!" Tina grunted. "Abigail said she's taking us somewhere called the Ministry of Magic to get us registered and to get our Hogwarts letters." Tina grunted and walked down the hall to the bathroom, her sister trailing behind. Tina entered the bathroom and closed the door after her sister entered. She turned to the mirror and grimaced at her reflection. Her hair was sticking out in all directions and her eyes were still droopy from sleep. She groaned and leaned down to wash her face before brushing her teeth. She then helped Queenie to get ready before letting her braid her hair. After they had gotten dressed, they headed to the kitchen where the smell of pancakes met their noses. "Good Morning girls." Abigail chirped "Morning Auntie." Tina grumbled. Queenie smiled brightly and climbed up into her chair before hungrily chowing down on her pancakes like a hungry beast. Tina and Abigail looked at her like she had grown two heads. "What?" she asked innocently. Abigail stifled a laugh behind her hand and Tina shook her head fondly and sat down at the table to eat.

The Goldsteins hurried down the street towards the Ministry. Cars zoomed past them on the road and pedestrians swerved around them as they went to their different destinations. Finally they arrived at a small, red telephone booth. Abigail ushered them inside and quickly put in the code, 62442. Then the voice of an operator rang throughout the booth.

" State your name and business." "Abigail Goldstein, Department of International Magical Cooperation." Abigail spoke clearly. "Porpentina Goldstein, Visitor." Tina said shakily before turning to Queenie who spoke brightly "Regina Goldstein, Visitor.". There was a clinking of metal and three metal badges engraved with what they had just spoken. Queenie and Tina gasped in awe as they put the badges on, giggling at how the big was on Queenie's shirt. There was a quiet rumble before they slowly made their descent underground. The booth came to a grinding halt and Abigail opened the door to reveal the Ministry of Magic. There was a greenish-black hallway with dozens of fireplaces lining the walls. There were many offices and departments all across the hallways. Off to the side there were many lifts that transported Ministry workers to their destinations. Tina and Queenie's heads swiveled as they took everything in. Abigail led them to one of the lifts. She pressed the button labelled 8, and the operator's voice sounded again, "Department of Magical Education." The lift suddenly pulled back and Queenie squealed while Tina gasped. Abigail looked as if she was trying not to fall out laughing. Finally, they reached their floor. "Department of Magical Education." The girls stepped out and walked to the front desk where a stony faced man sits.

"How can I help you?" he says gruffly. "Hello! My name is Abigail Goldstein and these are my two nieces are from America and they have been accepted into the exchange student program, and I am here to pick up their Hogwarts letters." "What years are they in?" he asked tiredly. " Third and First." Abigail replied. "Okay, here they are. Make sure you make it to Diagon Alley soon." "Thank you!" The Goldstein's said as they walked off.

*Time skip*

Abigail led them to the Leaky Cauldron, a pub that according to Abigail was the entrance to Diagon Alley. Their aunt greeted the new young bartender, Tom with a curt nod of her head while Tina did the same and Queenie waved eagerly. Abigail led them to the back of the pub and they were met with a brick wall. "Where's the entrance?" Tina asked curiously. "It's just behind this brick wall. You see, this is a secret entrance, so we have to enter a code to be able to enter. She then tapped a brick in the middle, three times with her wand and the brick split open to reveal.....

Cliffhanger!!! We'll meet some special characters in the next chapter!!! Hope you all like it. Please Vote and stay awesome!- Lyra