The Aftermath

Tina Goldstein, 13-year-old, hugged her crying sister, 11-year-old Queenie as she wept over the just received news that their parents had died.  Tina didn't know what was going to happen to them now. They had no family and their family didn't have a lot of money.

"Oh Teenie," Queenie cried "what are we gonna do?" Tina kissed her little sister's head softly before replying, " I don't know. I promise you, we will figure something out and we will be just fine." Just then, a doctor walked up to the girls.

"Hello Girls, my name is Dr. Wilson and I'm here to deliver some hopefully good news to you girls." "Yes sir," Tina whispered. "Well," he said, "It seems you have some distant relation in England who has decided to take you both in." "Really?" Queenie's head popped up, her face covered in fresh tear tracks. " Why yes," he said, smiling so brightly that Tina gave a small smile back. "Your aunt is going to give you a place to stay. That is until you go to-,"

"Hogwarts?" Queenie questioned having read the doctor's mind. "Exactly!" the doctor exclaimed. "Wait! How did you know?" Tina was suddenly very nervous and protective of her sister and sent the doctor a death glare. Queenie turned around to look at her reproachfully. "Teen! He's not gonna do anything to me. Not everyone wants to hurt people like me." "Ah! You're a legilimens!" The doctor cried. "Indeed!" Queenie giggled. Then, Tina heard the click-clack of heels on the tiled floor of Eagle America Hospital (The St. Mungos of America). Then, a very bubbly and sweet voice made itself heard.

"Excuse me. I'm looking for Porpentina Esther and Regina (Queenie) Naomi Goldstein." Tina hopped off her stool and held Queenie's hand as she climbed down from her chair. "That's us, ma'am," Tina said in a small voice. The woman looked down at us and hummed disapprovingly. "Well, come on then. It's time to get on the ship to England." "What about our belongings?" Tina questioned. "They are already packed and on the ship. We just have to get on and stay on." Queenie looked at Tina with her eyebrows raised and her older sister shrugged and led her after their aunt.

HI! I hope you all liked the first chapter! I'm so excited to write some Newtina fluff and I hope y'all are ready to read it. Please vote and stay awesome! -Lyra