Queenie's Message

Tina set the smoking letter on the teachers' desk and sat behind it, waiting for the blow that was soon to come. Newt and Leta, looked at each other, wondering at her stoic facial expression. Tina looked up, "I expected it to happen. I knew she wouldn't have wanted me to do it, but she also knows nothing's going to stop me. It's happened before, it was bound to happen here." Leta stood up from the desk she was sitting at and walked toward the desk, "What do you mean?" Tina looked down again, "I got into a lot of fights as a kid, learned to defend myself." The howler burst open, and Abigail Goldstein's voice rang out, "PORPENTINA ESTHER GOLDSTEIN! I AM ABSOLUTELY ASHAMED! HOW DARE YOU ENSUE IN A DUEL AT SCHOOL! I AM NOW FACING SCRUTINY AT WORK FOR MY BARBARIC NIECE AND IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU SO MUCH AS STEP A TOE OUT OF LINE, I'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! But, oh, I'm so proud of you! Standing up for your friends. BUT DON'T DO IT AGAIN! I LOVE YOU!"

Then the howler stuck out its tongue, blowing a raspberry before falling limp to the ground. Tina looked silently at her friends, her eyebrow raised. "See, told you she couldn't stop me." Leta giggled and Ember squeaked from where she lay, pouncing on the letter, to their amusement.

---------------------------------------------

Tina walked silently through the halls, on her way to her common room. She saw Queenie up ahead and called out to her in her head, "Queenie!" Her sister stiffened before turning to glare at her, which was unusual, to say the least. Queenie grabbed her arm and dragged her to an empty broom closet. "Porpentina," she said, "Do you care to tell me about this duel you got into? The duel that you didn't tell me about?" Tina flinched, she knew her sister must be extremely upset with her, she only ever called her Porpentina when she was furious. Queenie crossed her arms over her chest, waiting. Tina sighed, "Why are you worrying so much, I'm fine!" Queenie laughed, derisively. "Oh, other than the fact that you could've gotten seriously hurt, worse than you did!" Tina's eyes hardened, why was her sister so upset? Was it such a bad thing that she wanted to protect her friends? Queenie's expression saddened, "I just don't want you to get hurt by people you think care about you. One day it could backfire on all three of you."

Tina was astounded, what had Queenie meant?

Her friends wouldn't betray her, just as she wouldn't betray them.

--------------------------------------------

1913 School of Witchcraft and Wizardry:

Tina burst out of the Headmaster's office, tears streaming down her face. "He's been expelled! Expelled! He didn't do anything wrong! He should have let me take the blame!" She wept, her tears dribbling down her chin. "You were right, Queenie. She's hurt us both! After all, we've been through!" Queenie pulled her sister into a hug, "I'm sorry, Teenie."

She knew her sister was hurting badly, but when she saw her at the Hogwarts Station, bundled in Newt's arms, begging him not to leave her, Queenie realized, back in third year, when Tina said she loved him, she'd meant it. She watched Newt kiss her sister on the forehead, and saw him whisper something in her ear, to which her sister nodded, a small smile on her face. Newt wiped her tears, tucked her hair behind her ear, and got on the train. Away. Away from Tina, Queenie, and Jacob. Away from the one place he called home. Away from what had once been.

------------------------------------------------

So as you can probably see, Queenie can kinda tell what's gonna happen in 6th year, but she isn't certain.