The First Day- Part 3

(Disclaimer: I am aware I put Malfoy in Ravenclaw, but I had wanted to make him a Slytherin but by that time I had already written this part I wanted to stick to the storyline. So sorry! Enjoy!)

"Now," Professor Margotta said, "Petrificus Totalus is used in dueling and can cause a small stun to your opponent. Petrificus Totalus has been used in many wizarding endeavors and can be used in almost every situation." She made a motion for the class to take hold of their wands and practice the motion for the spell. After a few minutes of practicing the movements, Professor Margotta called up different students to practice their spell on a dummy. The dummy was gray, with a yellow cross encased with a circle on its center. "Ms. Goldstein, you're up!" said the Professor.

Tina gulped, she hadn't realized her turn was coming closer and closer until it was staring her right in the face. She shakily stood up and took a deep breath. She was making her way to the front of the room when that boy, who she had learned was named Abraxas Malfoy, a pompous pure-blood family, spoke up, again. "Awww," he said, mockingly," Is the little Yankee too scared to cast a simple spell?" Tina felt red-hot anger well up inside her. She would show that ferret-faced boy. Quick as a billywig, Tina turned, pointing her wand at the boy, and out of her wand shot a blast of white light, the light zoomed toward the boy, hitting him in the chest, stunning him, making him fall over, and roll down the rows of desks, his body bouncing down until he landed on the floor, his eyes moving every which way. The room was so silent, you could hear a pin drop.

Professor Margotta looked between Tina and Malfoy in disbelief. She cleared her throat before turning to Tina, "Ms. Goldstein, you have just displayed powerful magical skill. For that, I give 5 points to Gryffindor, but it was not necessary for you to use magic on Mr. Malfoy, for that, I take away 10 points from Gryffindor." She turned to Malfoy, stunning him. The boy jumped up, jabbing a pale finger in Tina's direction. As soon as he opened his mouth, Professor Margotta spoke. "Mr. Malfoy, " she said, sternly. "Your words were foul and cruel and we do not interrupt other students when they are showing magical skill, for your harsh words, I take another 10 points from Ravenclaw. Please sit down." Malfoy glared at Tina, which she returned with a fierce glower of her own. After making their way to their seats the class resumed with enthusiasm, though there was a thick tension hanging in the air.

While she was sitting and listening to the rest of the lecture, Tina couldn't help but let her mind wander. She wasn't much of a daydreamer but with what had just transpired between her and Malfoy, she was proud but a little surprised at her own power. She would have to talk to Queenie about this.

HIIIIII! I hope you liked this chapter! How's 2021 going for yall? I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please vote and stay awesome!