[Bonus Special:] Merry Christmas

A familiar screech pierced the air.

You sighed heavily, your breath a white cloud in the chilly winter air. Trees wrapped in flashing green and red lights surrounded you, and beyond them were tall concrete skyscrapers of the city stretching towards the sky.

You turned to the little boy playing in the snow by your feet. "Come on Jeongsan," you said, extending your hand to the little four year old playing in the snow by your feet. "Let's go collect your father."

The boy stood up and obediently latched onto your hand, his little fingers ice cold against yours from having been sticking them in snow.

You marched as quick as you dared with your son in tow to where the scream had resonated around the corner of the sidewalk. It was Christmas Eve and you had decided to visit no other than New York for the holidays. You just forgot one problem.

The bath bomb was still painfully behind on the modern mundane world.

As expected, the moment you stepped around the corner of the sidewalk, you found several couples and families staring at a young man who, in turn, was staring, terrorized, at a huge inflated Santa in his Sleigh.

"Dada!" Jeongsan called out happily to said terrified man.

"What monstrous creation is this fat demon?!" Jungkook yelled at the happy Santa.

A few couples turned as Jeongsan let go of your hand to bound over to the Walmart merchandise, who was still yelling at the Christmas decor. One young woman looked up and met your gaze.

"I don't know that man," you responded immediately to her look.

"Jeongsan!" Jungkook finally appeared distracted when Jeongsan reached him and began tugging at his pant leg. "Go back to your mother while I destroy this Tartarus forsaken creature."

You pressed your fingers to your temples, massaging the incoming headache. You loved Jungkook with all your heart, truly you did. You'd been married for three years now. But it was times like these that you wondered if maybe you should've just married a regular human who you didn't feel like disowning at least twice a week.

"Silly Dada," Jeongsan chirped happily. "It a balloon! A giant balloon. His name Santa. He bwings pwesents to us on Chwith-mas."

Jungkook frowned, glancing back up at the oblivious Christmas inflatable. "He's ugly."

Jeongsan beamed. "And from the looks of it, Santa thinks you is ugly too." 

Jungkook choked. A grin tugged at your mouth. That was your good savage little child. You decided that enough was enough. You set your jaw and joined the rest of your family in front of the Santa balloon.

Jungkook was still sputtering at Jeongsan's remark and his eyes snapped to meet yours as you approached. "Did you teach him that?" He gaped at you.

"No, you're just easily roastable," you replied. "Now let's go."

➴➵➶➴

You stood out on the small private balcony of the hotel you were staying at with your family. Jungkook was in charge of Jeongsan tonight—reading a book to him and tucking him into bed inside. After all, the demigod didn't get the chance very often.

After Jeongsan was born, Jungkook had tried harder than ever to return to you as much as he could. But even with his more frequent, and longer, visits to earth to you, there were often several months of the year you were basically a single mom.