7: The Proposition

The black dress wasn't as tremendous as the others but I was so sure it would've complimented my body so well. Hindi ako nagkamali. I wouldn't have expected the Queen to give me such clothes to choose from that I did my best to look good. What really made me choose this dress over the rest was because of its golden--- real gold chains that draped over the front like upside down hills. In the middle there were three golden moons, vertically lined to connect these chains until it reached an inch above my belly button. Another chain encircled my hips loosely from then on. Small black gemstones that I think were diamonds hanged around the chain, giving it more of a dramatic appeal. The dress had a sweetheart neckline, gold chains for straps that draped around my arms. The neckline so tight that my cleavage had made its appearance. I was distracted by it for a few times, happy that I have one. The dress hugged my hips and flared out, leaving a train of fabric behind me. Not just that, it had a slit. A cut until my thigh.

It made me comfortable that the dresses were specifically made for pregnant females that I didn't need to worry about my baby bump.

I didn't do anything to my hair. Didn't even have the time to put decorations on it. I just let it down, not really in the mood. For my makeup, I was not that talented like Feline so I only had the audacity to put a little bit of kohl around my eyes and put a little bit of color on my eyelids and lips. Feline would do so much better. I can already imagine her putting sparkling shits around my eyes--- or maybe she'd paste something pretty beside my eyes that would compliment my entire look. She'd be all over my face in an instant. Her delicate long fingers doing its magic.

"Paano ka nakapasok?" Tanong ko kaagad kay Zagreus pagkatapos kong mag bigay galang. He's in his dark royal clothes. His jacket brocaded with black linings. His hair brushed back from his forehead in a messy yet attractive way, the undercut showing. I had the briefest time to take in his look without looking like one of his pathetic admirers. It was already obvious that he could dress himself, but it always ticked me off to see him so devilishly handsome in everything. "Aren't you a little bit too early to be here, Your Majesty?"

Plus, his compliment wasn't helping. I hate it when he compliments. It makes my skin crawl for some reason.

Hindi tinanggal ni Zagreus ang tingin saakin. Dalawang kamay ay nasaloob ng kanyang bulsa. "My presence here is already known. I'm already a pass to your house, love"

'Roon ko lang 'rin napagtanto.

The dagger. Of course. The house didn't sense him as an intruder when I've always kept the dagger with his energy on it with me.

Bumaba uli ang kanyang mga mata sa hita kong nakalabas. "Not bringing my dagger?"

Umiling ako. "No, Your Majesty"

"Hmm. What if I demand for it?" Red eyes challenging me. I couldn't ignore the steady, yet firmed emotion lacing his tone.

Para akong nainis na ewan. "Why don't you take it back?"

"Binigay ko na 'yon sayo"

"But you can have it back if you demand for it, Your Majesty"

Walang gana siyang umiling, medyo kunot na ang noo. "Iyo 'yon. Mas bagay sayo 'yon" then his eyes flicked up to my neck. He's looking at the rose necklace again. "Pretty on you too"

Zagreus and his scary words.

Tumingin ako sa kaliwa. Hindi ko pinakita sakanya ang pag irap ko at baka pugutan ako ng ulo nito wala sa oras. But I'm pretty confident that he's already sensing my displeasure from his place. Not that I need to worry about what he thinks of me. He knows damn well that I don't find his presence a good thing and I think he likes it that way.