61: Mondrantoa of the Moonlight

Midnight gripped the armrests hard as the whole audience gasped in surprise. While the dragon people were thrilled at the sight of their king on the advantage, it was the opposite for his demons and pack. Day was instantly behind his chair, had lost all the courage to watch. And except for Vlad, the rest of the pack members had uttered the most vulgar of language there was in this world.

Sahar's arm was ripped off her body.

He wanted to snap the Dragon King's neck for himself. Hold the Dragon King's heart in his palm, feel it beating as he slowly squeezed it until the Dragon King would beg him to stop, would beg him for mercy. The itch to torture was strong and he'd slow the Dragon King's death until he was satisfied to the bone.

Sahar's screeching wail would've been enough to bring him on his knees. It was also enough reason for him to destroy everyone that hurt her and spare nothing but their heads as gifts to his beloved. She would have smiled and he would have gotten himself drunk at the sight of it. 

"You'll break your chair even before the duel ends, King Zagreus"

Ah, yes.

The Emperor. In the flesh. Beside him.

Before the breakfast they had with the Ladon Court, he had already penned a letter to the Emperor. Requesting an immediate answer to his invitation. That same night, he had received His Imperial Majesty's response.

There weren't really any hidden messages behind his actions. As to why he invited the Emperor to watch such a duel, he had only wanted to see personally, in close distance, the Emperor's reaction when he realized he was going to lose his number one pawn to the pink-haired witch-dragon.

Assuming his Sahar would win.

Sahar would win.

He knew it.

He knew deep down he trusted her more than he let out.

He trusted her.

That was all the reason he needed.

Kahit ayaw niyang sagutin ang Emperor, kailangan. Hindi niya tinanggal ang tingin sa harapan kung saan desperadang kumakalas si Sahar sa ilalim ni King Eliseo. "Do forgive me if I break this chair. As you can see, I am as anxious as anyone watching, Your Imperial Majesty"

No reply and Midnight thought it was the most beautiful thing the Emperor had done. He'd hate to have a chitchat with him while he wanted to put all of his focus at the duel. Even if he needed to multitask and observe everything all at once, for assessing, for future plans, for any advantages he could see and use. He'd do just that. But his main priority right now was Sahar. He wouldn't disregard his job as the king and tactician, but he wouldn't neglect his job as Sahar's King either.

The audience was loud behind, cheering for more blood, shouting for their bets. He was grateful for the noises for he felt as though the thundering beat of his heart against his ribcage would have been heard.

Ipinatong na lamang ni Midnight ang kanyang ulo sa nakakuyom niyang kamao at kahit gustong gusto na niyang makisali sa nagaganap na away sakanyang harapan, pinigilan niya ang sarili.

Kahit pa'y nahihirapan na si Sahar sakanyang sitwasyon. Kahit pa'y duguan na ito at palaging naka-ungol.

He bit his tongue down. He bit it hard until he tasted the metallic tang of his own blood inside his mouth.

After throwing away Sahar's dismembered arm somewhere, King Eliseo looked as though he decided to be more aggressive. Sahar had followed his advice. Sahar had hit King Eliseo where he was most vulnerable and that had made the Dragon King angrier. Now, Sahar was going to use that advantage again. For when King Eliseo had gone to attack her wings, she lunged her head into his chest as hard as she could. Their roaring---cries, shouts, wails, growls had grown undeterminable from their continuous shrieking.