64: Severus

"Buti naman at naisipan mong magpakita saakin?" Walang emosyon kong giit sakanya kahit pa'y nakakaalarma ng pakiramdam ang kanyang itsura ngayon. I flicked my eyes over his face and chiseled body once, mentally noting his scars were slowly showing up on the surface of his golden brown skin, as if Midnight had relaxed at the first sight of me.

He continued unbuttoning his black shirt, all focus directed on me. "Na miss mo naman ako kaagad"

Without looking at him, I made my way straight to his bed. Didn't miss the crooked, charming grin that settled on his face. "Nandyan na sina Cayden at Zarax"

"I am aware"

"Matutulog lang ako ng saglit" I tried to find the right position to sleep but was bothered by Midnight's following gaze.

"No sleeping. Sit back up"

I grunted low in my throat, swatting his hand away when he tried to touch my legs. It'd be a problem if he'd touch those. Baka kung saan nanaman kami mapunta nito kapag nagkataon.

But he urged on, "Madami pa tayong pag-uusapan"

Pressing my face into the pillow, I spoke, "Can we talk on our way home? Gusto kong matulog hanggang sa maaari"

The day I would be coronated as the queen of the dragons, I knew for certain that sleeping would be one of my most desired thing to do that I wouldn't be able to get so easily then. Kaya hanggang sa maaari, matutulog at matutulog ako. Nightmares were seldom there to visit me. Having Midnight beside me stopped them sometimes as though they were aware of who he was. A demon, a king that was made to rule the dark. But they haven't disappeared completely for me to ease down in my sleep. 

"Get up or I'll render you incapable of walking for another week," The invitation was emphasized from the way his tone dropped and I felt my skin tingled at the quiet rumble of his voice. "Sahar"

I refused to be seduced too easily, and so I sat upright again, lifting my chin up to meet his crimson eyes. It didn't help that he was standing just right beside the edge of the bed and me just mere inches away from him--- from his lower torso, giving me all the access to reach for him and pull down his pants. I did everything to ignore the bulge that seemed to grow bigger the longer Midnight and I held each other's gaze.

What was happening inside his damned head for him to have an erection just by staring down at me?

No more shirt. Completely topless and so, so close.

There was something in those contours of his strongly defined stomach, the ragged lines on his skin, the broadness of his chest, the brawniness of his shoulders, and the harsh curved of his arms that made me all too aware of how much I dreaded him to touch me. Every single time. And that face. Simphia. That face. It was what I wanted to see placed between my thighs and pressed on top of my lips. It was what I wanted to ride day and night.

My breath caught when Midnight held my chin with his fingers--- he was barely even holding it, a touch so light and gentle it made it harder for me to breathe properly.

He was thinking the same thing as I, wasn't he?

But this time, I wanted to be selfish.

Hinawakan ko ang kamay niyang nakahawak sa baba ko at binaba ito, "Let's talk about something else"

It was there. In the look of his eyes. The understanding. "If it requires me putting a shirt on, I don't want to"

A smile was threatening to form around the corners of my mouth but I clamped the feeling down and moved a little away from his body. "How much do you want me?"