57: In Your Arms

Putangina naman oo o.

Inis kong hinilot hilot ang aking ulo. Inis na inis sa sarili at nawalan pa ako ng malay sa kalagitnaan ng gulo. Sa tabi ko, nangamoy na ang bangkay ni Dandaryx kaya agaran ang pagtayo ko at paglayo.

Pain surged up into my head at the sudden jerk of my body and I recoiled. Clasping either side of my temples as I grunted the pain out. Almost lost my balance, forgetting that the manacles were still there.

My waist stung and I remembered the wound Dandaryx gave me. A sharp intake of breath. I didn't dare touch it.

Kung ano-anong ingay ang narinig ko sa buong paligid. Strong shouts that echoed through the trees, the collision of metals clunking against each other, the screams I've recognized one would do in the midst of terror, the wheeze of magic in the air, and the rumbling of the sky as though it was watching the dreadful battle below.

It had started. I was hearing everything all at once. The ground beneath me felt as though it was trembling from the havoc happening and I was left baffled for a second-- didn't know what to do.

A heavy explosion resonated into the forest, a slap that woke me up.

The Pack was here. Ang kailangan ko na lang gawin ay puntahan sila.

Nilapitan ko uli ang katawan ni Dandaryx at naghanap ng mga kutsilyo. Her sword would have been the best option but with my state right now, all clasped in manacles, it would only be a handicap.

When I straightened my back again, standing up, there was nothing that I could do when I staggered. The weight was still in my head and in my body. I was still not in my best condition but that didn't mean I'd wait for the battle to cease before I take my shot. Pinasok ko ang tatlong kutsilyo na nakapa ko sa katawan ng kalaban sabay tinahak ang daan kung saan ko iniwan ang batang babae.

She was lucky enough I'd have brought her here or she would have been part of the explosion back in their camp.

Habang palapit ako sa pwesto kung saan ko siya iniwan, mas nakikita ko ang gulo na nangyayare at mas lalong lumalakas ang ingay. Binilisan ko.

I found her in the same position I left her. Before crouching down to wake her up, hinabol ko muna ang hininga ko. Sa huli, napag desisyunan ko na lamang na sipa-sipain siya para magising siya. Hindi naman ganoon kalakas ang pag sipa ko. I only kind of nudged her legs. "Gising"

It took more nudging before she fluttered her eyelids open, groaning. Then, as if everything sank in for her, she was instantly on her feet, snapping her head in my direction. "You," she said in her most serious tone. Eyes glaring.

"Yes, me" Tumango ako sa likod niya para malaman niya kung ano na ang nangyayare. "The battle have begun, at kaya lang naman ako bumalik dito kasi gusto kong malaman kung may alam ka bang paraan kung paano ko tatanggalin tong mga 'to saakin" I showed her my manacles. "Your master said this is magic and the only way for these to be unclasped is for him to say that damn magic word. But there must be another way. If this is magic then it's breakable by magic too. Are you a magic user? Is your magic destructive?"

She wasn't listening to me. She was engulfed in the bloody scenario ahead, to the fighting. Mula dito sa pwesto ko, nakita ko kung paano siya nanliit sa pinapanood. Tila ba'y hindi 'rin niya inaakala na aatake kami ngayon.

When it came to Midnight, one should always assume for the worst.

Inikot ko siya para harapin niya uli ako. "Look, we don't have the luxury of time here"

"I don't know," She said absently.

Kumunot noo ko. "Ano?"

"I don't know!" She snapped. "Hindi ko alam kung paano tatanggalin 'yang mga yan! I don't know the word! I'm not a magic user!"