37: Full Moon

"Your Majesty, do you drink?" Tanong ko kay Midnight habang inuubos ko ang ika-anim kong ahas na tinusok sa isang stick.

A few minutes ago, all the witches that were told to keep their distance from the heated conversation earlier had now come back and filled the streets once again. Buti na lang talaga at hindi kami binuhusan ng mga tingin pag balik nila, kahit sabihin natin na amoy na amoy ko sakanila ang pagkasabik na malaman kung ano ang nangyare, hindi nila ito pinahalata. They were all smiles and laughter again, witches that minded their own businesses. Once and every after, they each bowed their heads down or curtsied to the Demon King when they walked past him. Giggling as they go like mortal teenage girls in the human lands. They didn't pay me any attention at all. Not that I cared about it. It was better actually.

Sa ngayon, hindi ko pa uli nakikita ang coven. Wala 'rin akong planong hanapin sila at mas kailangan kong unahin 'tong hari ko. I'd deal with them later at the moon ritual. Paniguradong nandoon sila.

Midnight in front was still finishing his stick of snake, unbothered by the fact that he, the King of the Demons, Wrath of the Seven Deadly Sins, A royal blood was eating something so... informal. He had no emotion in his eyes as he continued to watch every movement around the bright streets of Celestine City while still biting off of his snack like a normal boy. But even with this rare sight in front of me, Midnight still managed to look effortlessly intimidating. I'd smile at this fun image of him but I didn't want him to think he was the reason for my little joy.

He slightly wiggled the already consumed snake sticks and answered without turning to me. Siya kasi may hawak sa mga sticks ng mga ahas na tapos na namin kainin. "Gusto mong uminom?" Tanong niya na ikinatango ko naman. Lumingon siya at nang makitang ubos na ang kinakain ko, marahan niyang kinuha ang stick saakin. "Ayokong mag-alaga ng lasing"

Both of my eyebrows shot upward. "Hindi ako madaling malasing"

He scoffed at my answer, finishing his food with the last bite. "Talaga lang ha"

"Kaya ko ang sarili ko, Your Majesty. You don't need to look out for me. It's not your job anyway, it's the other way around"

Tumango siya sa stall sa likuran ko, "Gusto mo pa?" Pag-iling ko, he continued with our topic, "Alcoholic beverages aren't served until the commencing of the ritual. Tapon ko lang 'to"

Hinintay kong matapon niya ang mga sticks sa basurahan ng stall. Nabigla pa ata ang mga mangkukulam na nakakita sakanya at sunod sunod silang nag boluntaryo na sila na lang 'daw ang mag tatapon. Midnight only raised his hand midair to convey he didn't need their help. All witches then eyed me suspiciously. Mad at my disrespectful behavior towards the king. Hindi ko sila pinansin. Ginusto naman ni Midnight na magtapon.

"Yes. Witch wine will be served by then" Ika ko naman pagbalik niya.

Made of fermented wine and witch's blood, Witch wine was labeled as our traditional alcoholic beverage. Only, and I meant could only be served during special occasions like this. It happens every month, though. Court members were said to donate their own share of blood every month for this particular event and the potioners would be the ones to do the mixing. This process was associated with Simphia's sacrificial ritual in the making of the red moon.

"Sounds promising," His Majesty was the only one who'd say a compliment without it sounding like a real compliment. There was no certainty he was being sarcastic, or if he was just being too monotonous. "I'd like to discuss some things with you but I need your final decision first"

"Ngayon mo na ba kailangan?"

"Within this night. We cannot advance if someone's being skeptical of something"