42: Wicked Crown Prince

"Magpahinga ka muna ng saglit. Pupuntahan na lang kita sa kwarto mo kapag kailangan na nating umalis. May aasikasuhin lang akong importante"

I took the oversized velvet chair in the shade of royal blue and sat with a stern expression plastered on my tired face. Midnight was taking a sip of his red wine when I entered his chambers without so much as a greeting to him. Unbothered by the fact that I was still in my pack's battle suit. Nakabalot parin sa puting bandage ang dalawa kong kamay at kahit sabi ni Day na pwede ko na ito tanggalin pagkatapos ng dalawang oras, hindi ko parin ito ginawa. 

Sa harapan ko, nakatayo si Midnight sa mala-pader na bintana ng kanyang kwarto. Hindi man lang ako nilingon nung pumasok ako--- at wala parin atang planong lingunin ako hanggang ngayon. Sumimsim siya uli sakanyang alak. He was still wearing his dark royal clothes from earlier but the coat was gone, only leaving him with his dark vest and dress shirt. The latter's sleeves were rolled up to his forearms and when he drank from his glass goblet, I peered two buttons of his shirt were undone.

Hinintay kong lumingon si Midnight sa gawi ko para maka usap ko siya ng maayos ngunit naubos na lang niya ang kanyang alak, hindi parin iyon nangyayare.

I was losing my patience. It was obvious he didn't want to talk about it.

"Shall I go to Cayden's chambers instead and ask him directly?" Sinigurado ko parin hindi magtutunog bastos ang boses ko kahit nagsisimula ng kumulo ang aking dugo.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, love, but you won't find the answers you are seeking for there" Simpleng sagot niya. "You are mad because instead of doing it myself, I directed the order to your crown prince?"

It wasn't really pleasuring for the ears to hear 'your crown prince' in his statement. It was unnecessary and childish. It would've sounded jealous if I wasn't aware that His Majesty hadn't really had any reasons for feeling such emotion in the first place. "First of all, I am not mad. I am confused and a little bit irritated, kasi ngayon naiitindihan ko na kung ano ang gusto mong mangyare"

Dahil sa sinabi ko, dahan dahan tumaas ang dalawang kilay ni Midnight. To my satisfaction, he slightly turned to me with an amused look in his eyes. "It will be my great pleasure to hear your thoughts about it"

He took the velvety chair across mine and offered me wine, which I rejected by shaking my head twice. He simply shrugged, took the wine bottle from the small table between us, and poured himself some more.

Midnight sipped on his goblet long enough to provoke me.

"Can I at least have your full attention?" I calmly muttered.

He raised a perfectly fine brow at me, a corner of his lips slowly lifting up. "Pardon"

It wasn't even a question. "Your Majesty, I need you to stop sipping on your wine for a second and direct your attention solely on me"

His lips formed into a pout when he tried stifling his smile. "You want my attention?"

"Yes"

"Beg for it"

As if on cue, all emotion in his eyes was gone.

Halos ibato ko na sakanya ang upuan ko. Hindi na ako natutuwa. Humalukipkip ako at pinag-krus 'rin ang aking mga binti.

Wala pang limang segundo ng magbago uli ang mood ni Midnight. A sly smile. "Kidding. If it's you, you don't have to worry about getting my attention at all"

"Lasing ka ba?"

"Unlike you, I am certain I have a higher tolerance for alcohol"

That's it. "You are so full of yourself, aren't you?"