14: 20 Minutes

All seven members of the pack exchanged curious looks when Midnight entered the common room of the demon's palace bringing only himself. Walang emosyon na dumiretso si Midnight sa wine table na gawa sa itim na salamin at nagsalin ng alak sa sariling baso. The pack watched him closely as he sipped on his wine. Once. Twice. Midnight turned to them and raised a brow. He slightly perched himself over the wine table and waited for them to talk.

The common room was spacious enough to accommodate at least 20 people inside. One wall was made of blue-green-black gemstones that glinted every shift of the light. The others were black with golden moldings that swirled in every direction. It had a ceiling so high but was occupied by golden chandeliers. A grand piano was placed at the far right near an arched window that stretched from the floor until a few meters away from the ceiling. The sun had already risen in the sky but nothing really felt warm.

It was quiet for a while. Each one of them weighing the situation.

It was Arius that broke the silence. "Hindi mo siya kasama?" He shifted on his place near the bookshelves. Putting all of his weight on one foot. Tinignan siya ni Day, na nakaupo sa pang-isahan na upuan na nakapwesto malapit sa malaking hearth ng kwarto. Sa tabing sofa ay nandon nakaupo sina Kaimana at Radu. The siren was seated cross-legged, her arms folded beneath her breasts. The vampire prince was seated as comfortably as he could manage. Legs widely apart, his back slumped against the backrest. His wavy blond hair disheveled in an elegant way. Arius continued asking, "Is she okay?"

From a sitting place inside an arch alcove, Tartarus was cleaning a crossbow when he heard himself scoffed. "Pagkatapos ng nangyare sakanya satingin mo ba magiging okay 'yon?"

Radu instantly joined the conversation, tapping his foot on the dark red carpet below him. He stretched an arm over the sofa. "So is she here or no?" He asked, darting his silver eyes at Midnight.

Killian faintly flapped his black and white wings when he crossed the distance between him and Midnight. Nagsalin 'rin ito ng sariling alak sa baso. He and Midnight glanced at each other for a second before he asked the question. "How did it go?"

Midnight slightly shrugged his broad shoulders. "She's in her chambers now. Nagpapahinga"

"Well, she's here. Kailan ang oath taking?" Tanong ni Kaimana sakanyang pwesto. She handed out her hand to Killian with pristine movement. The fallen angel gave his glass of wine without a second thought and she drank from it. "Mukhang matatagalan?"

Vlad, standing so perfectly postured at a corner stayed silent. Watching and waiting for His Majesty's orders for him.

Binaba ni Midnight ang baso sa lamesa dahilan kung bakit natahimik uli ang buong pack. "The oath taking can wait. She has nowhere to go anyway but here. Currently, she's mourning. And we'll let her do just that. Day,"

Umalerto ang bata ng tawagin siya ng hari. Tumuwid siya ng upo sa sariling upuan at binigay ang buong atensyon kay Midnight. "Your Majesty"

"By lunchtime go check up on her. Vlad here, will accompany you. Dalhan niyo na lang 'din ng pagkain"

"Maybe we could give her plenty of those sweets that she likes?" Suggested Radu. "Eh kung sumabay na lang siya sa hapag? Para naman hindi siya nakakulong sa kwarto niya?"

Kaimana gave him a disapproving look. Her brows knitting together. Sumimsim uli siya sa alak bago ito kinuha ni Killian. "Magkukulong 'yon sa sariling kwarto. Pustahan"

"That's not the witch I grew accustomed to" Arius defended. Already feeling bitter from the conversation.

Napailing si Tartarus sa narinig. "Close kayo? Ilang araw lang ba kayo nagkausap? Accustomed your face"