43: Wild Rose

The unfortunate sight of the coven inside my house greeted me first thing in the daylight as Midnight and I arrived. They were instantly on my face, asking questions I knew I had all the answers to give but only chose to tell them a few relevant parts of the story. It seemed like they had witnessed the aggressive flight of the legion of dragons too and the first thing they did is to visit my house to get me. They knew I wasn't about to stay still, they knew I needed to do something, so they tried to come as quickly as possible. But I was already gone by the time they had arrived. And so they had waited.

Mga baliw.

Pagkatapos asikasuhin ang lahat sa Lapetus, sinundo na ako ni Midnight sa kwarto ko. Cayden had refused to sleep after our talk and told me he hadn't planned to until everything's finished. They were in a crisis and were preparing for some violent things he rather not tell me. I knew I wasn't the last person he talked to. I knew, for some reason, that Midnight was the last. Kung ano man ang pinag usapan nila, wala ata silang balak ipag alam ito sa kahit kanino.

Killian and Vlad had returned to Severus even before all of that. Napag sabihan pa tuloy sila ni Midnight. Ba't 'raw nila iniwan ang palasyo ng walang nagbabantay dito. Killian defended by saying they just wanted to visit me for my birthday and thought it wouldn't take that long. The angel made sure all the shadow demons would be on high alert while they were gone. Hindi nila inaasahan na may mangyayareng gulo.

Things were already starting to trigger.

Nakatingin lamang ako sa harapan ng vanity mirror ko sa kwarto habang sinusuklayan ni Nym ang aking itim na buhok. While the others already left to train, Nym and Pandora stayed for a particular reason.

"It's a miracle that your hair still looks beautiful despite the violent environment" Nym's sea-green eyes twinkled as she placed the brush on the table and started using her fingers instead. After looking so serious earlier, she was unexpectedly lively again. But I knew deep down she was yearning to go to Lapetus. To Caleb. "Anong shampoo ginagamit mo?"

"Kung anong meron sa banyo" Diretso kong sagot sakanya habang pinagmamasdan ko mula sa repleksyon ng aking salamin si Pandora na pinapakain si Ru. The pig was the only reason why the awful mood I was bearing earlier vanished. Ru had finally gained some weight and I couldn't be happier about it. "How long will the process be?"

Nym, with a graceful hand, took the scissors beside me and started trimming the ends of my long hair. "Madali lang 'to. Hindi pa aabot ng limang minuto. Anyways, I prefer your hair long so I won't cut it short, okay? Or do you want something new?"

Umiling ako sakanya. I had my hair long ever since and I hadn't really thought about cutting it too short in my whole life. Whenever I had the time, I always tried to trim it with stolen scissors the race killers had in their bags back at the dooms forest. It was to kill time. A fun activity for a witch who hadn't really known how harsh the world really was outside the forest.

It was when my hair had turned dark as the silent night did I only realize how important my hair was to me.

My eyes fluttered down to where my hair fell onto the wooden floor. Nym hadn't stopped cutting until my waist-length hair had now shortened 'til the base of my breasts. Still long but I wasn't complaining.

Kumislap uli mga mata niya sabay kuha ng maliit na botilya sakanyang maliit na bag. Isa lang 'iyon at kulay rosas ang likido na nasa loob.

"I first got a letter from His Majesty months ago" Sabi niya dahilan kung bakit kumunot ang noo ko.

"His Majesty?"

Her smile widened as she opened the bottle cap. "Sin of Wrath. His Majesty requested me to make a potion that would turn your hair pink permanently. He said you requested that to him yourself"