12: Dusk and Twilight

Una kong naramdaman ang kirot saaking ulo. Followed by the aching of my bones, felt like my whole body was about to burst into flames or lightning, tearing every tissue in my body. The pain doubled near my cervix and that part between my thighs. I jolted up. Adrenaline rushed into my veins, and I gasped for air. The horrible memories corrupted my mind the instant I was awake, and I had the greatest urge to lash out at anybody my eyes spotted first. But when I lunged and scurry to my feet, something caught up and I was pulled back by force. Nawalan ako ng balanse at nahulog sa sahig. Manacles. Around my wrists.

"Goodmorning" Napalingon ako sa nagsalita, "My little witch"

Hindi ko alam kung bakit hindi na ako nagulat pa kung bakit siya ang nandito ngayon. Tinignan ko ang aking kapaligiran at napagtantong nasaloob ako ng stone cell ng Tower 3. I squeezed my wrists together between my thighs, didn't want him to see that I was in chains for some reason. "Midnight"

Pain throbbed through my bones and muscles, but that I ignored. The heavyweight of my chest as if someone's fist was clenching it, that was the only thing I couldn't have the guts to ignore. My shoulders sagged, and I curled up into myself. Dragging my heavy body back until I've felt the cold stone behind me. Little by little, everything came back to me. Little by little, darkness was engulfing my mind. Little by little, I was nothing but an empty vessel, sitting helplessly inside a cell, being watched by a demon king at the other side of the metal bars.

For a moment of silence, Midnight and I stared at each other without any lingering emotion in our eyes. And then his eyes surveyed the entirety of me like he was looking at a pathetic little girl. That slapped me back into my senses. You don't want him looking at you like that. You don't want him to think that you're weak. Pride surged up within me, and I've managed to at least give him a sharp look.

Lumapit siya sa kulungan. Hindi natanggal ang tingin saakin. "Black hair suits you"

Para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig sa narinig. Mabilis kong tinignan ang aking buhok at kumabog ang aking puso ng sobrang lakas ng makita kong itim na ang kulay nito. Not pink. Not my pale pink hair---- this-- this is--

"You remember what you did?" Midnight's question echoed in my mind. There was nothing sweet in his tone, just pure curiosity. "They say the dragon's skin is the color of the dragon's hair in their human form, and the houses are determined with the colors of the.... eyes and hair"

My skin tightened and my blood boiled from his words. "I'am not a dragon"

"White hair and beige eyes, the house of de Vestel of the White. Brown hair and hazel eyes, the house of Slymanda of the Burning Star. Red hair and blue eyes, the house of Nakson of the Waves--"

"I'am not a dragon" I said each word with conviction. Hate burning through me.

Midnight didn't budge from where he stood, instead he looked me straight into my eyes, and slowly, one corner of his lips rose as if to taunt me some more. "Black hair and pink eyes, the house of Mondrantoa of the Moonlight," The name stung. "But they have a different title now. Gusto mong malaman?"

"No"

"Come on, now. We both know that you want the truth more than anything" He likes what he's seeing. He likes me locked up. He likes seeing me suffering. He is not a sadist for no reason at all. "No. No. Of course, the truth couldn't be more than a distraction for you. You want your son back"

Mabilis pa sa alas kwatro akong sumugod sakanya. The chains clunked behind me as I lunged forward, canines and nails sharpened, muscles tensing. I snarled as the manacles held me in place, stopping me from scratching this demon in front of me. Humapdi ang kapit ng manacles sa mga palapulsuhan ko habang ako ay pinipilit ang sarili na kalmutin siya. A bone in my jaw flickered. My wrists started to bleed from the force. I hoped he could see the intense look I was now wearing. The loathe in my eyes as I glare at him like he was the one who took everything away from me. "I'll kill you" I vowed. To myself. To him. To the moon and the sun. "I'll destroy you. Tear you apart. Make me feel pain and I'll make you regret it"