48: Disaster

There was someone teleporting the dragons.

Because there was no way in Simphia's grave they could've appeared in our faces on a whim.

It was the moment that no one in the area was able to predict, not a surprise attack from the dragons after the assault they have done to Lapetus.

Enormous. Angry. Roaring. Hostile.

The ground trembled with the impact of their movements. The mountain felt like it was about to get another history from the current situation as the dragons bellowed and surrounded us with their huge, heavy armored-scale bodies. My body, as well as the others, froze for a second upon the sudden infiltration but when the dragon leading the legion moved like a head of a cobra, snatching a body from the court to gnaw and swallow the witch down, and bellowed so loud that my head felt like it was about to burst open, the witches were slapped back into reality and started panicking.

Making their familiars panic as well.

From the watcher's area, witches began to scream from the top of their lungs. Out of complete fear and shock, there were some witches who attacked blindly, triggering the dragons more, and I had this urge to slap these witches one by one later. This had made the situation worse.

Everyone ran from all directions, the court was shouting orders but doing nothing themselves—- a group of sentinels was guarding them as the court was guided into a safer area, and the covens were doing their best to follow the commands given despite the outrageous occurrence.

Arius was fast to place me behind him just as Nym whirled around to face me, darkness crossed Arius's features when I craned my neck back to face him for what he did. Any word that he was about to say was swallowed by the panicking crowd that moved so carelessly like big tidal waves with no sense of direction.

Nym was pushed back and would've tripped forward from the stampede if Arius hadn't pulled her close to him. My hand automatically reached for Zarax behind and held her tight just so she wouldn't be pushed away too. "Hold!" I shouted as aggressively as I could. "Keep the coven close!"

"What the fuck is happening?!" Pandora's voice erupted in the middle of all the noises. My heart sank. "This is—"

My eyes had gone wide when a bunch of witches was slammed away into the air by a dragon's tail as though they were nothing but pestering flies. Another dragon breathed fire and started burning bodies— fire. I whipped my head in another direction and watched as a wingless dragon encircled three witches who were about to teleport away and squeezed them until their bodies were no longer recognizable.

It was all piercing screams and growls then.

Bodies started falling down and the smell of blood filled the air around us.

It was my body's reaction to tremble.

But it wasn't because I was scared or terrified. I was trembling out of pure, rotten rage.

Arius's hold onto my wrist moved up, circling around my shoulders to keep me close to him as the crowd continued to storm from the other direction. We were being pushed from all sides, nails that I no longer had any motivation to know where it came from were scraping against my arms, shoulders, waist, body, thighs--- a witch fell down beside me, and when I leaned down to help, Arius immediately pulled me back up--- "Matatangay ka!"

The disturbing cry of the witch unnerved every part of my system that when I witnessed how the panicking ones stepped all over her body as though she was nothing but a bump on the ground, I needed to dart my eyes away just as her head, her brain shattered.