22: Open Throne

"Kumain muna kayo ng almusal bago tayo magsimulang mag-usap" Midnight vanished the letter in an instant. Napunta naman saakin ang kanyang mga mata. "Organized your thoughts first before saying anything. I don't want to deal with any stupid reactions from this. Do we understand each other, love?"

Again. He had always known what would have happened in every situation. Out of all the members of the pack, halata naman na ako ang magiging apektado sa news. Though, not in a sympathetic way. Everyone here knew how I despised the Queen with all my life. Everyone knew that my rage for her was different than the ones I had for the others. My bloodthirst for her was beyond any words to describe. Ngayon na wala na siya, hindi ko alam kung ano ang mararamdaman. It somehow irked me to know that she died in the hands of another, but the pity was there too--- and curiosity--- how?

Midnight didn't dare break his calm stare at me, patiently waiting for my reply.

I clamped down the subtle jealousy I felt for his cleverness and bowed a little at him, saying that I, at least understood what he wanted to convey.

Tumayo na ako pagkatapos. "Una na ako"

Ramdam ko ang kanilang mga mata saakin. Pinapanood nanaman ang bawat galaw ko. Ayan nanaman sila. Binigyan ko silang lahat ng tingin--- walang ekpresyon ang aking mukha. They mirrored my expression, like all they wanted was to see how would I react to the sudden news. Kinuha ko ang natirang isang pirasong strawberry tart sa aking plato. Not minding the soreness of my bones from all the training I did yesterday. Giving them a show would only satisfy them and I'd rather skin myself alive than exhibit how my body wanted to collapse right here and now.

Ridiculous. Really ridiculous of me.

"Her bones are screaming" I was still on my way to the doors when I stiffened at the words that left Radu's lips.

Saktong pag harap ko sakanya, siyang salita naman ni Killian. "Pathetic"

"Baka nakakalimutan mong may healer tayo dito?" Natatawang ika naman ni Arius sakanyang upuan. Matalim ko siyang tinignan. Agad naman siyang umubo at nag peace sign. "I just wanted to remind you. No hard feelings"

"I'll visit you in your room later," Day said, not taking the hint that I was being teased by the pack. "Kakain lang ako ng almusal"

One of my eyebrows twitched. I bit on my tart when Kaimana crossed her arms in front of me, wearing that arrogant look on her beautiful face.

"Someone's too proud to admit she's physically in pain from all the training she got yesterday" Tumawa siya ng mahina. Nang-aasar. "Hay nako, Sahar"

It was easy to give in to the temptation of answering back and fight but the need to calm myself down and not bother myself with them was getting the best of me instead. They didn't smell like they wanted to fight anyway nor they meant to embarrass me with the thought. They were just teasing me like I was someone whom they could be comfortable with. That idea prickled my skin in disgust. They knew better than to treat me like I was truly one of them.

Plano ko na lang sanang umupo ng maramdaman kong hindi ko na kakayanin pang maglakad pabalik sa kwarto ko. Standing for long was already too much for me. Ngayon na alam na nila kung ano ang totoong kondisyon ng aking katawan, parang bumigay na lang 'rin tong katawan ko bigla bigla.

Though, someone--- Tartarus was so kind to pat my back with enough force when I was about to sit down that the pain that came after was unbearable my back arched from the skinship and I snarled at him as aggressive as I could get. "Tangina naman kasi eh!"

Lumaki ang kanyang mga mata at agad siyang nagtaas ng dalawang kamay. "Tinitignan ko lang kung masakit nga ba talaga katawan mo"

"Bobo mo! Bwisit!"