53: Greed

Midnight was visited by Killian in his office late at night.

"You need to sleep," Were the first words that came out of the fallen angel's lips as Midnight glanced toward him from the report he was studying a few seconds ago. "A lot. You need to sleep a lot. You and your witch need the most sleep. Pero kayo 'rin ang pinaka makulit sa lahat. Ayaw niyong magpahinga"

Tamad na sumandal si Midnight sakanyang upuan at sinundan ng tingin si Killian ng umupo ito sa tapat niya. He gestured for Vlad who was attentively standing behind his chair, "A cup of blood. You may indulge yourself for one, Vlad. And for the pissed angel?"

Killian gave him a bored look. Not as bored and intensified compared to when he does it though. Maybe because the angel looked so heavenly beautiful while he, on the other hand, was walking chaos. Killian's eyes were the purest sun-gold, more alive than his dead crimson eyes. "You don't need to get me anything, Your Majesty. Thank you for the offer" The angel said, "And for the record, I am not pissed"

"You're not?" He tilted his head back to give Vlad a signal. The butler made a respective bow before he teleported away. Binalik ni Midnight ang atensyon kay Killian. "Iyang pakpak mo, nagkakalat nanaman dito" Tinuro niya ang pakpak ng anghel. It twitched and a few feathers of black and white fell. "Go, state why you're here bothering me at this hour"

Malalim na bumuntong hininga si Killian. "Really, magpahinga nga kayo ng maayos"

Dead air collapsed onto the room as Midnight chose not to respond for seconds. "Ano pa?" he disregarded.

He saw how the angel gave him another one of his blank stares. "I could never read what's going on inside your head"

Midnight returned the stare, tipping his head onto the chair's headrest. He watched Killian in his seat, just because he wanted to. If Killian hadn't any idea what was going on inside his head, it was the opposite for him. He could guess why Killian was here and what had brought the angel to his office this late.

Nilabas niya ang tatlong sulat na hinintay niyang dumating sakanya. For him to gain another piece to complete the puzzle, he anticipated the letters to come. If it hadn't come to him, it only meant that he needed to revise his plans yet again. He placed them on the table and with a slick hand, he scattered the 3 letters as though they were cards. Killian leaned forward. More serious now.

"Isa galing kay Zarax Novalee. Isa galing sa Emperor. Isa galing sa hari ng Ramuel" Using his long fingers, he separated two letters, "These have already been discussed. The letter from Novalee and the letter from His Imperial Majesty. This though," He propped his head up on a palm, tired. "This is a letter from the King of the Angels, suggesting the marriage between me and his daughter to commence as soon as possible"

Killian wasn't hiding his uneasiness as his wings jerked uncomfortably, Midnight could only observe him from his seat. Regardless of the angel's exile, he was mindful of the longing in Killian's heart. He was aware that Killian-- no matter how he hated his own kingdom-- still wanted to go home. "No shit"

The curse sounded so pure in the angel's lips, Midnight took a mental note of it and promised himself he'd teach Killian the proper way of swearing. "The daughter and I will both sign an agreement that will seal both kingdoms' promises to each other. Sa nangyayare ngayon, mas mapapaaga talaga ang kasal"

Lumingon si Killian sa likuran na para bang may nakikita siya dito. "Hindi ko alam kung paano mo 'to aayusin pero hindi mo madadaan sa sorry si Sahar. And you never apologize--- sincerely. I can't imagine you doing it either"

Mas lalo atang bumigat ang ulo ni Midnight sakanyang kamay. Hindi muna ito nagsalita at hinayaan ang sarili na isipin ang mangkukulam.

Rather than speaking about it with his angel, he decided to change the topic instead. "You didn't come here to talk about her, right? You're here to talk about the Emperor"