16: Blood Oath

Naiinis na ako sa mga pinupukal nilang tingin saakin.

I am here. Sitting at the opposite head across from their king— my new king, I guess. Hindi ako makakain ng maayos dahil panay ang tingin nila saakin. Akala mo'y nakakita ng multo. And what's with these males' new appearances with their beards? And why does Day looks like he hasn't gotten his haircut for years? Nagpapataas ba 'to ng buhok?

Both of my already knitted brows deepen more. I continue slicing the meat on my plate, still wary of the eyes watching me. Midnight's satisfied face in front is getting on my nerves for some reason. His perfect sharp jaw has been covered with stubbles and it looks so good on him that I want to puke my guts out. Even from the way he moves—so fluidly yet strongly— it ticks me off. He may look at ease with those graceful yet manly movements but he can throw that knife he is currently using straight into someone's heart in a matter of seconds. Tonight, he is wearing the same black royal clothes that complimented his body well. Kairita. Though this time, the coat's linings were in the shade of dark red. Demon colors. How he dresses himself is annoyingly good.

Pagtingin ko sa iba, ganoon 'rin sila— they all dressed up pretty decently. The siren in her sea green long off-shoulders dress. The demon butler in his dark tailcoat suit with embroidered silver ornate designs. The demon warrior in his pack's battlesuit. The vampire prince in his dark red vest, white inner shirt, and dark pants. The mortal kid in his white dress shirt and dark pants. The fallen angel in his all white closed-button coat and pants. And the... dragon in his long white coat and dark pants.

Everyone seems to be in their perfect shape, except me.

Hindi ko na kinaya ang kanilang mga tingin saakin kaya binigyan ko silang lahat ng masamang tingin. "Stop staring" I told them. "Tutusukin ko ng tinidor 'yang mga mata niyo kapag hindi pa kayo tumigil"

Iniwas nilang lahat ang kanilang mga tingin saakin na para bang ngayon lang 'rin nilang napansin na kanina pa sila nakatutok. They suddenly found the things around them interesting. It was only Midnight who hadn't spared me a glance. Busy with his own food.

Pinagpatuloy ko ang pagkakain kahit wala pa naman talaga akong ganang ngumuya ng ngumuya. Hindi parin bumabalik ang appetite ko pero sinusubukan ko naman ng kumain ng maayos. Feline made sure I was eating properly in my chambers. When I got mad because she was forcing me to eat, the courage she had shown to me back there was surprising enough that I let my anger slipped and let her have it her own way. I ate.

Sa kalagitnaan, napalingon ang lahat kay Arius ng peke itong umubo. Kinuha ko kaagad ang baso na may tubig at sumimsim rito. Little steps. Little steps, Sahar.

Sunod na umubo ay si Radu.

Then, Tartarus.

My eyebrow twitched.

Nakita kong binigyan ni Kaimana ng masamang tingin ang tatlo. But Killian also cleared his throat and actually met my eyes.

"You do know you're sitting at the head of the table, right?" I was relieved that he used a familiar tone at me. The monotoned-yet-always-had-a-deeper-meaning tone. It was good to see that he wasn't treating me any different.

Tumango ako sakanya.

He raised a brow. "You're not a queen. Definitely not a king. Hindi mo 'yan pwesto"

Arius cleared his throat, pero mukhang nabulunan siya sa kinakain. Hinampas hampas niya ang sariling dibdib.

Kaimana made a face. "Ew. Hindi ka ba tinuruan ng table etiquette sainyo?"