56: Beginning

Over the green lands of a mountain that overlooked the numerous tents of the enemies, Midnight impassively watched the ongoing fire that burned at the heart of the military camp. Hands clasped behind his back and clad in the Pack's fighting leathers, he eyed every banner ablaze as the warriors of Amadeus began their movements in a swift. He could see bodies devoured by the inferno and bodies that no longer could be identified as one from the explosion.

With only the moon and stars and fire to act as their light, there were a lot of soul eaters running from every direction. There were those who went to gather supplies and weapons while there were those who were extinguishing the fire to prevent it from scattering further. Midnight kept his attention on them, already in his head was yet another plan he might or might not use.

Behind him and spread out, Midnight's army of demons were mounted on their own steeds and kais. Half of the warriors Tartarus had prepared for him were shadow demons with their shadow horses. Dark and vicious in their own zone. The other half were dressed in the armory of red and black. Menacing in the same way. Above them, hovered the air-warriors Arius hand-picked himself for this battle. The wing general had only sprouted out his white wings, not fully transformed, arms crossed and waiting for the signal. Flanking the Demon King were the rest of his pack members and were also, patiently waiting for his word.

When Tartarus raised his arm midair to make another explosion, Midnight stopped him with a hand. "It is not needed for you to continue anymore and waste your energy. This is only us, saying our greetings to them"

A little damage was made to the enemies. It would be harder for them to annihilate these soul eaters--- not to mention, the numbers they would be fighting against with.

"Have you known there were going to be at least 15,000 of them?" Tartarus asked him, flexing his fingers. His foot general was known for his destructive power. When one was associated with the energy, it would make sense to be this formidable. It was easy for Tartarus to squeeze in energy particles of any area and release them in a snap. "Have you known that Scorch would have an army of soul eaters?"

"No" Midnight simply answered the truth. He already thought about the possibility of Scorch outnumbering him, but who were the Greed's warriors was a little miscalculation on his part.

It was quite stupid to think that the Emperor would reveal himself like this. He was expecting that his brother had taken the rogues and rebels or anyone who wanted to defy the king. Scorch had plenty of time to gather them. If the Emperor assisted Scorch with military services, then it was only given that the Emperor have now openly declared Severus as its enemy. The Emperor has eyes everywhere. But instead of using his own leaders, His Imperial Majesty was using Scorch.

It was his hunger for battle plays that got his skin prickling in excitement. The way his lips curled up subtly was a sign for everyone that he was again, in his own comfort zone. Up in his head. Making theories and scheming schemes.

Who had who in the palm of their hands?

"Unless I say otherwise, we will be executing the original plan" Midnight's voice was calm yet it gave off authority. To his army and to the public, there was nothing calming about a Midnight Zagreus in the first place.

"I've been with you since childhood," Killian said to him, "But you never ceased to surprise me with your cleverness"

"Made a whole plan in one day and advanced the other night," Ika naman ni Radu. "The only right choice I made in my whole damn life was to follow you"

More reason for him to strive more. "Day, bumalik ka na sa istasyon mo"

He felt the kid make a deep bow from behind. "Yes, Your Majesty"