39: Rain Rain Go Away

Maybe it was because of the alcohol in my veins that made me so carefree around the Demon King. Too unguarded of myself that I wasn't able to contain my glee and laughed with him until we finished dancing under the gleaming full moon. Surprised at how loud I could get just because of intoxication. And as far I could remember, Midnight was just staring at my face the whole time I was doing and talking about the stupidest of things. Didn't know what exactly he was trying to search but I knew I wasn't imagining it when I caught a glimpse of his striking features softening each time.

Though, his bright red eyes might have averted to parts where they shouldn't have been. To the deep neckline of my dress, to the swell of my breasts, and even to the slit where my whole leg was exposed. But he made sure he was looking at my face more. I had no idea whether to laugh or tease him. Midnight wasn't even trying to hide the thirst in his eyes.

I might have held on to his arm more when we were on our way home and he might have loved it from the way he had always checked if my hand was still around his.

"Mauna ka nang maligo" Midnight was ruffling his own damped hair when he passed the dry towel in my way. Throwing it to where I stood near the foot of my bed. At least 8 meters away from where he perched on the edge of the window sill of my room. "Wag kang magtagal at ayokong matuyuan dito"

Agad kong binalot ang sarili sa twalya ngunit hindi muna ako kumilos papuntang banyo.

It was cold. Very cold. It was only because of my burning passion not to look so weak in front of His Majesty had made me somehow immune to the cold breeze that swept inside the house. Ngayon na nakabalot na ako sa twalya, kusa ng bumigay ang aking katawan at bahagya na akong nanginig sa lamig.

Naghanap ako ng pwedeng mauupuan. Ayoko kasing mabasa ang kama. "Your Majesty, kayo na po ang mauna" I countered calmly without darting my gaze at him. "Hindi ka pwedeng matuyuan"

"No fair lady should suffer. You take a bath first, love" he exclaimed with the same tone I used on him.

Biting my lower lip, I clenched the towel around me tighter. "Your Majesty," I emphasized, "You're the priority here"

His head fell on his shoulder the exact time I finally had it in me to avert my eyes to him. "Between me and you, I wouldn't say I'm the priority here"

Alam kong dahil sa alcohol kaya ang bilis ko makaramdam ng... mga kung ano ano na hindi naman dapat. "Don't say that"

He raised a brow, "Where's the lively witch from earlier?"

I snorted to hide the embarrassment, "I wasn't that lively"

"Uhuh" a mocking closed-lip grin appeared on his face. "You look more beautiful when you smile"

"Alam ko" Ika ko kaagad. Hindi na nagdalawang isip para naman tumahimik na siya. Pero mas lalo tuloy lumawak ang kanyang ngisi.

Midnight stared for a long minute and I wasn't even sure if I should stare back. His stare was more intimate than intimidating.

He should just stop with this--- nonsense. I am no longer---

"Come here, my love"

I froze on my spot. Suddenly aware that we were both inside a house, in closed quarters, in my old room where a bed was placed just right behind me and it was cold and raining and it was cold. Holding on to the towel tighter, I realized what my unsatisfied body was asking for.

Heat.

It's the alcohol.

But it wasn't. Deep down I knew it wasn't. It was this untamed feeling that burned through my veins and sought every bone in my body as though it wanted it to ablaze a fire that could flicker every dying emotion I had in me. My heart was actually racing when I lifted a foot to come towards the King. Conscious of His Majesty's predatory gaze. It was torture. But I liked all the same.