35: 2nd Day

Pagmulat ko ng aking mga mata, ilang beses ko pang kinusot kusot ang mga ito dahil mukhang hindi ata tama 'tong nakikita ko. Tinignan ko pa ang damit ko at ang sarili. Kinamot ko ulo ko ng mapagtantong wala naman mali saakin.

I was so sure I had slept peacefully on the couch after drinking Nym's sleeping potion. It was quite confusing to witness I ended up here in my own room, in my own bed, nestled in my own sheets and pillows. Huh. There couldn't be any other reason but His Majesty. Midnight. He wasn't beside me when I woke up and I'd doubt he slept here in the first place. One pillow was missing.

Outside, the sun was already up and alive, but nature was damped from another heavy rainfall last night from the looks of it through the window. The dewy smell of after rain even reached the walls of the house. I shoved the blanket away and stood up from the bed, didn't bother looking decent as I exited my room and went to the common area. Midnight was still asleep when I saw him half-naked on the couch. Struggling with his position. Very uncomfortable for a big demon like him.

Tangled in a black blanket and hardly recognizing if he was cold or not, the blanket wasn't actually covering his body anymore but only half of his lower part. A pillow squeezed between his sturdy arms as if he was a child hugging a teddy bear. The Demon King was particularly larger than my couch with that height, with that much muscles, and broadness, he was literally on the edge. Natatawa ako na naaawa na ewan. Bakit ba kasi siya nandito? Did he carry me to my own room and exchanged places when I was already deep in my sleep? That might be the only answer to it. Seeing His Majesty's situation now, barely keeping the couch intact had me thinking that kings sleeping on the couches were quite oddly cute.

Nagdalawang isip ako kung gigisingin ko ba siya o hindi, hindi magawang umalis sa pwesto ko ngayon. Tinitigan ko pa ng mga ilang minuto si Midnight at hindi namamalayan na pinaglalaruan ko na pala ang mga daliri sa paa sa isa't isa.

And then I realized why I was still staring.

Midnight's body was a work of masterpiece.

I shouldn't be this mesmerized by it like this was the only time I ever saw one when in reality, warriors were always built strong from fighting and training hard. Muscles were needed to gain more strength and power, and everyone was to become strong if they wished to survive this empire. But for some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of Midnight's body. What intrigued me more was the sight of his clean, smooth skin. No scars. No tattoos. Nothing. His brown skin was disbelievingly untouched despite all the battles he had faced.

In my state, my memories were manipulated by my own mother that made me believed that scars were nothing but symbols of weaknesses. Mad at first for what she had done to her own daughter but every time I opened her journal and scanned through her drawings and read her letters, I always end up missing her and dad.

Wala e.

Dahan dahan akong lumapit kay Midnight. Should I poke him to wake him up? No. I wouldn't dare touch him again after what happened at dinner last night. Something might react for the second time around and I might end up falling for the same trap once more. Marahan ko na lang hinila hila ang duluhan ng unan na niyayakap niya sabay sabi sa mahinang boses, "Midnight, gising"

Hinila ko uli 'yung unan. His body reacted and his brows lowered into a scowl. Mas lalo niyang hinigpitan ang yakap sa unan. Why His Majesty like a child? Pinigilan ko ang sarili na ngumiti.

"Midnight, lumipat kana don sa kwarto"

He groaned and turned over. His muscular back greeted me then.

Attitude.

"Midnight" I still called.

No answer.