18: Aching Bones

I have yet to understand the demon's kingdom to fully grasp my new reality, giving me the option to go for the books in their libraries. May 's' talaga. Kasi nung tinanong ko sa isa sa mga shadow demons sa labas ng pintuan ko kung saan ang library, tinanong niya pa pabalik kung alin ba doon. The nearest was less the hassle, and unfortunately, it was a five minute walk from my chambers. Feline insisted to escort me but I have refused her offer, given the fact that I comprehend the words in the books more than I do so when I'm in the company of another.

The talk I had with Midnight earlier had made me restless. Wala akong ka-ide-ideya kung saan at sino ang unang iisipin ko. Kung sa totoo lang, pagod na akong mag-isip. Then I remembered why I chose to get out of my chambers when I was in total wreckage--- to fight. Fight for what I've lost.

I have gained the fear of being weak, for I am afraid of losing someone I cared about again. I have been given another chance to improve myself and for that, I will become fear myself.

Rage is the only thing keeping me alive right now, and unless all those people who shared the satisfaction to shatter me drop dead, I will not stop. Let the heavens and hell collide, I will not be ceased.

House of Miraghan and the Queen, sila ang nangunguna sa listahan ko.

If Midnight's right about his assumptions towards the Emperor, then things are going to be nastier than I presumed.

But the real problem is, as far as I am concerned, Midnight was never wrong.

He had always foreseen things and had made appropriate movements because of his accuracy in every subtle detail. He had always played the game right. Toyed everyone with his beautiful yet wicked words, and look where it had brought him. Tignan niyo kung anong nakuha niya ngayon: A kingdom. A throne. A crown on his head.

Pagdating ko sa library, kahit naman alam ko na magiging grande ang loob nito, bahagya parin akong nabigla ng makita ko ang kabuuan ng lugar.

I entered into a vast mezzanine that overlooked the entire library. The place had the same color scheme: black, gold, and a little touch of red. The structure was built into a cylinder shape with an inward ceiling, and oh Simphia, the ceiling was the most beautiful thing I've seen for this day--- it was painted, like those in the throne room of the Lapetus palace. The difference was that, instead of gods, this was a magic circle of moons and constellations. A dark void of golden stars and moons. I walked up to the front until I've touched the ornate-design railings, leaving the two huge doors behind me, and saw that all walls were lined with books. I looked down and realized I was at least 4 stories high from the bottom where a group of heavily cushioned velvet chairs and tables were placed.

Lumingon lingon ako sa kaliwa't kanan ko at ng makita ko ang hagdanan ay agad 'rin akong bumaba.

Now, how the hell will I find the books I need? Ang laki laki ng library na 'to! Hindi pa 'to ang main ha, paano na lang kaya 'yung main kung ganoon?

Iniisip ko kung saan ako magsisimula ng may mapansin akong may itim na anino na dumaan sa gilid ng mga mata ko. Agad akong tumigil sa hagdanan at binigyan pansin uli ang kabuuan ng library.

Only to realize that I was not alone. At least I was the only one with a solid body--- kasi nandito 'rin pala ang mga iilang mga shadow demons. Their smoke-like bodies formed and dissipated in the air as they moved from one place to another. Some were carrying books, shoving them into their respective places while some were just roaming around in the air, watching I guess.

Pinagpatuloy ko ang ginagawa pagkatapos kong mapagtantong sila ang mga nagbabantay sa library. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, bukod sa pack, sila lamang ang mga nilalang na nandito sa palasyo ni Midnight. I have four of them guarding my chambers, and sometimes, para malaman ko kung nasaan sila naka istasyon, kailangan ko pang mag-pokus ng maige at damdamin ang kanilang mga presensya ng maayos. It bothered me that you couldn't feel their presence if you were not trying enough. That only meant that they were something else than just some smoke creatures Midnight assigned to handle the palace's chores.