1: Sahar Hades

Hawak hawak ako ng batang babae sa palapulsuhan ng sobrang higpit habang naglalakad kami sa madilim na gubat.

I know I should've just left her where the teleportation spell has brought us. That was the landmark. That was where every 8 year old witchling should start their trials. But for some reason, I didn't want to leave her there.

The dooms forest is already cast by a dark sky, a dim light from the crescent moon, and some stars guiding our way. It felt serene yet uncomfortable in an eerie feeling. Unconsciously putting a free hand over my belly as I walked with the little witch through the forest's large trees and grassy land. Coldness has enveloped us both, prickling our skins with great shivers. I started to become aware of the cold, even the slightest touch after gaining my powers. As soon as we set foot in Hekate, our trials ended with a mini celebration. That night, our magic seals were broken.

But mine was an exception. My magic seal had opened even before the ritual happened.

"Hanggang dito lang tayo" Matigas kong sambit sa bata. "Walang masyadong pumupuntang mga witch hunters dito kaya pagsapit ng umaga, simulan mo nang maglakbay"

Ayaw pa akong pakawalan ng bata kaya ako na mismo nagtanggal ng kapit niya saakin. Walang takot itong tumingala para tignan ako ng diretso sa mga mata, ngunit hindi ito nagsalita. Kanina pa siyang tahimik pero ramdam na ramdam ko ang matinding kaba nito. It's so obvious that she's been taught not to be vulnerable. Not to show any signs of weaknesses but if you're going to ask me, she's failed in that part alone.

Her scent is rich with fear.

"Stay vigilant" I told her as a sign of goodbye.

Paalis na sana ako at baka maabutan ako ng oras ng hawakan uli ako ng batang babae sa palapulsuhan.

I turn to give her a hard look. "Ano?"

The witchling which I forgot the name didn't answer once again. Instead, she tilts her head to the sides. Left and right. Her deep blue eyes observing the forest's ghostly atmosphere. She may look calm outside but I know she's panicking right now. Ayaw niya akong umalis.

Kung ibang mangkukulam ang nagdala sakanya dito, baka mapagalitan pa siya sa ginagawa niya.

Me. I am being considerate now. Pero bawal nga akong magtagal at baka magsarado ang teleportation spell na ginawa ni Makayla para saaming dalawa.

"Bata, aalis na ako. Alam mo na dapat kung ano ang gagawin mo. Dinala na kita sa pinaka ligtas na pwesto na alam ko sa gubat na 'to. Kailangan ko ng umalis" Walang gana kong ika sakanya dahilan para mapunta uli saakin ang kanyang buong atensyon.

The witchling has dark brown hair that flowed down until her collarbone and blue eyes as deep as the depths of the ocean. She is skinny and very pale. Her mother, Cristen is a bitchy female who only knows how to skin males after having sex with them. She's part of the potioners. Those witches who make potions.

Her 2nd daughter is here and is going to be in her trials, but that fucking Cristen didn't even bother to see her off at the last minute. Not that I'd expect an emotional departure from the two. The Black Witches aren't like that--- aren't allowed to be like that.

Bahagyang hinila nung batang babae ang palapulsuhan ko pababa kaya tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

I saw how her throat bobbed in nervousness. "Is... kai--kailan ka manganganak?"

Dalawang kilay ko na ang umangat sa narinig. Wala sa oras kong hinawakan ang aking bilog na tyan. "Next next week. Depends"

She swallowed hard again before nodding. "Can.. I.. uhm... like.. touch?"