41: Warning

It was Kaimana's sudden burst of vulgar words that had us snapping our heads in their direction. She pulled Cayden from his shirt collar and used her strength to pushed him with her elbow and palm. "I said calm down!"

Regardless of his unusual behavior, Cayden still managed to soil himself onto the ground from Kaimana's outburst. A small shock due to the impact of both energies happened, dust and debris that surrounded them flew with the harsh wind that suggested Kaimana had used more force than the eye could detect. You could see the surprised and scared look all over Day's small face but he willed himself to turn and continue his work on Caleb, who was quiet and lost in his place until now.

Kumulo ata dugo ko wala sa oras.

"Sahar," The tone Midnight used on me was nowhere near friendly, "Calm him down or I'll do it myself"

Sinulyapan ko muna sina Radu at Vlad, and saw that the crystal-blue magic circle around them throbbed like it was alive and breathing on its own. Tumango ako sa inutos ni Midnight sabay nilapitan ang galit na galit na Kaimana at Cayden. They were fighting already. Arguing like brats.

"I said I need him to heal my father!" Cayden shouted.

"Sandali nga lang diba! Hindi mo kailangan pilitin ang bata ng ganoon! Kita mo namang ginagamot pa ang kapatid mo!" Kaimana shouted back. Not aware of the Human King's state.

"It's no use. Caleb--"

I grabbed Cayden by the arm tightly and pulled him away from the siren and Day with enough force. Binigyan ko ng makahulugan tingin si Kaimana bago ko itinuon ang buong atensyon kay Cayden na ngayon ay tinitignan ako ng matalim. He tried to ignore me, slapping away my hand from his, I pushed him hard enough to the wall that when his back hit the solid concrete, the wall behind him cracked like those of spiderwebs. I maneuvered myself fast. Pushed my forearm against his neck and pulled out a dagger from my thigh to pressed it against his side.

Baring my canines at him, I snarled as if I was an animal in chains. "Pull yourself together"

He was as stubborn as before. The wicked crown prince of the mortal lands. It was faint but the breeze that went our way was undoubtedly his, for it had warmed against my skin like a subtle caress of a warning. I pressed the dagger harder on his waist. Untamed by his threat. I could cut him and he could cut me.

Our eyes stared at each other for long that after a few more heartbeats, Cayden's strong front wavered and he sagged against my hold. The madness in his eyes turned shallow and all I could see was a vulnerable boy who was trying to keep himself from breaking apart. His supposedly warm air turned cold as ice and heavy as a rock as he let his head fall on my shoulder and started trembling. Hinawakan ko kaagad ang kanyang ulo sa marahan na paraan.

"I need my father back" his voice shook.

I held his waist with my other hand. Seeing myself in him when I lost every person I cared about. "Day couldn't do that" I whispered, trying not to remember how Day did his best to try and heal Sage right in front of me. "So stop pressuring him to do it. Tinatakot mo lang ang bata"

Cayden's body stiffened, the painful truth finally sinking in. A clash of lost feelings and tired emotions welled up and I wanted him to take the agony of this memory out, but this wasn't the right time to mourn for what we had failed to protect. The hurt must be delayed. Cayden was the crown prince. The kingdom was gonna be his sooner or later. He, as royalty, had bigger responsibilities. He had to protect more than his family. He had a kingdom to keep from harm. He had thousands of humans to shield.