What About Mine?

"Huh?", Bakugo said with wide eyes.

"Oh, come on! You already surprise attacked me with yours!"

"I told you already I didn't know, Round-face. If we're being real, I wouldn't have told them for about a month."

"I probably would've too, but my parents will be mad if they find out I've been dating a guy for a month without telling them! Besides it's common curtesy!"

"What?", he sighed.

"My dad would not approve of you with me anyway if you guys can't face man to man. He wouldn't even want me to have a boyfriend unless he met the guy first!"

"Does he think we're getting married next week or something? I just asked you today."

"Doesn't matter."

Bakugo rubbed his nose bridge. He knew everything she was saying was right, and he didn't want to admit it. He honestly didn't want to face her parents because he'd feel like he'd screw it up. His parents most definitely raised him how to treat a girl whether he wanted to listen or not, so he knew what he had to do.

Her face sunk a little and she rubbed her knuckles.

"It-its okay, you don't have to, we can wait a little"-

"No. No way, we definitely are.", he said with a soft expression. "Sorry, didn't mean to come off like that."

Her face lightened up and she grabbed his arm.

"I'm just already on edge. I didn't think my parents would meet you already, and I was not ready for that conversation.", he said rolling his eyes. "I'm sure they'll talk more crap later, they're just being considerate of you."

She laughed and bopped his nose.

"Might as well get it over with! Besides at least this time we know it's coming. Wouldn't you rather stress about it for one more day rather than a month?"

Bakugo scoffed.

"Who says I'll be stressed? Couldn't be me.", he said looking up at the ceiling.

She rolled her eyes and laughed. Suddenly her phone buzzed and she went to go check it. It was her group chat.

Jiro- hey cho cho . ik we all already said happy birthday but we all gonna stop over later to give u presents , that cool ?

She gave a cute smile and stood on her tiptoes while she texted.

Ochaco- yeah that's fine w me! How late ?

Jiro- ion know maybe like 6, 7ish if that's okay w u

She checked the clock that read 5:41pm.

Ochaco- yeah that's cool

"Hey Bakugo?", she said with a pouty face. "Can you take me home once the cookies are ready? The girls are meeting me there."

"Leaving me already, huh?", he joked.

"I'm not staying another night with your parents over here anyway!", she laughed. "That's so awkward! Absolutely not, I'll be terrified I'll snore! Or slob. Or what if I start talking in my sleep?!"

"Have you done those before?", Bakugo asked.

"N-No, not really. I only snore when I'm sick cause I'll be congested or something.", she replied tapping her nose.

He got up in her face and lightly flicked her forehead.

"Then don't worry about it now.", he laughed. "But yeah I'll bring you back over. When are your parents coming back again?"