Didn't Mean to Say That Out Loud

They walked up to the entrance and Uraraka looked around. There wasn't that many people around and if there was, they were older couples who seemed to live around the area. An older man walked up to them with a smile.

"Heyy, it's my boy Katsuki! How you doing son? Where's mom and dad?"

Bakugo gave a small smile that Uraraka had NEVER seen before but would die to see more often.

"Hey Horikoshi, I've been good.", he said nonchalantly. "They're on vacation right now. What about you?"

"Just love running my place as usual. It's good they could get away and relax. They deserve it. Soo who's the lady friend?"

Bakugo gave a squinted smile and the inevitable question he knew the man would ask.

"Her name is Ochaco Uraraka."

"Aaand? Surely there's more to"-

"I think she should have a seat. Don't want her standing for too long.", he said with a forced smile.

She looked at him and began to rub her ankles to make fit his made up story that she needed to sit down. After being friends with the class for years, she began to pick up small signals that she knew meant something else.

"Ah, yes yes! You two can have a seat upstairs since I know it's always been your favorite." , he said with a wink.

Bakugo gave a breathy laugh and grabbed Uraraka's arm to take her upstairs. He took a deep exhale and pulled out the chair for the girl then took his own.

"Did I-did I do something?", she asked now feeling a little self conscious.

Bakugo tilted his head while crossing his arms.

"I mean I was joking when I said I wouldn't embarrass you, but I wasn't actually going to. Did I not"-

"No! Uh-no. You didn't do anything wrong.", he said with sudden realization of how she must've felt. "I've known that man since I was in kindergarten. He's cool and all, but I've seen throughout the years he doesn't know when to stop asking questions. I didn't want him to interrogate you or anything. He'd probably immediately call my parents about this."

"Oh, I see...that's fine. Would you um, not want your parents to know about me?", she asked with uncertainty.

Bakugo's eyes widened as he saw the hole he was about to dig himself in.

"If anyone ever met my parents, I wouldn't want their first impression to them to be from his point of view. Trust me.", he said reassuringly.

She chuckled and gave a sigh of relief.

"He seems like a total sweetheart to me", she said shrugging his shoulders. "And his name is Horikoshi? Doesn't that mean surpass or exceed or something?"

"He exceeds on knowing the business on everyone, I guess. He's met so many heroes. He's quite cocky since he was the first to be introduced to All-Might since his master brought him here."

"Really? That's so cool!"

"Yeah, I guess they came over here a couple of times when they used to train and talk. Now everytime he meets a new hero he always has picture with them, their quirk and favorite food.", he said pointing to all the walls.

"Wow, he really wrote it all out! And his own commentary! He's more of a fanboy than Deku!"

"I don't think anyone's more of a fanboy than Deku.", Bakugo said rolling his eyes.

"Here's your waters!", an older woman said. "Nice to see you Bakugo, and friend. Let me know when your ready."

"Is that his wife?" Uraraka asked.

"Could be, or maybe his sister."

"You don't know?"

"No one really knows him or the people that work here, as chill as they seem. It is his business though so I always assumed they were family for as long as they've been here."

"Ah, I see."

"I'm not too hungry from breakfast, so I'm probably just gonna something small."

"Okay!", she said looking at the menu, but in reality was hiding behind it.

"I think I'll just get a hot chocolate", she said shyly.

"I'll get the same thing", he said waving the waitress back to their table. As soon as they ordered, they looked at each other but then looked at the beach. A couple moments later the hot cocoa came out.

"So, Bakugo...I...I guess the date that we're having right now- or just the hang out. O-Or whatever you want to call this. Oh gosh, I don't even remember what I was trying to ask."

Bakugo took a small sip of his hot chocolate.

"Would you not consider this a date?"

"I mean it could be a date, but"-

"Then it's a date."

"O-okay! Then... can I ask why you asked me out on a date?"

Bakugo stopped sipping his drink and looked at her with an irritated look.

"You're so annoying."

"Oh c'mon, I'm curious! You can tell me! We're already here. I wanna know!"

"There's not much to say. What do most people ask people on a date for?"

"I don't know Bakugo you tell me?"

"I think you're smart enough to figure it out. You always could easily tell how someone feels."

"Not in this case! How am I supposed to figure out if you're being real or not? I don't know how serious you're being about this. You didn't trip and ask me out on accident. This isn't...like you?"

Bakugo's face tinted a shade of pink and took off his beanie. He put his hand through his hair and sighed. He realized he had to give her some honesty because she was in fact correct.

"Let me ask you this first than pink cheeks. I accidentally 'kissed' you last night and it was an accident. How would you feel if I did it on purpose."

It was very quiet for about three seconds. Uraraka started sipping on her hot chocolate and mumbled something under her breath.

"WHAT?"

"I said I wouldn't care."

"And that means?"

"I don't know what it means!"

"How do you not know?"

"What if the roles were reversed?"

"If you kissed me it would mean you like me.  If I didn't care, it would mean I like you! Obviously!"

They stopped arguing for a second to realize what he had just said. The look of realization of Bakugo's face was something priceless. He did an exhale however and focused.

"I like you.", he said again calmly.

Her breath hitched as she put down her drink before she caused a freak accident. She stared at him with wide innocent eyes and her face probably just as tinted as his. She couldn't even make a sentence in her brain to accumulate how confused she was, so instead her brain was went for "things you don't say in serious moments" and said-

"Why?"

Bakugo blinked and waved his hands around with a "idk" expression. She put her hands on her face and exhaled.

"Sorry I just- you caught me off guard.", she said trying to get her thoughts together.

"I'll still answer the question.", he said with sudden confidence knowing in this moment he had the upper hand.

Bakugo tugged her hands away from her face and she put them in her lap.

"I'm not gonna tell you again so you'd better listen.", he mumbled.

"I'm not going anywhere.", she giggled.