As Long As Your Happy

Bakugo walked home later that day with his presents in hand and nerves in the other. He rarely ever got nervous, but the idea of meeting someone's parents this way had to be one of the most out of character things he's ever done. He didn't want his facial expressions to screw up his words. He didn't want to say something dumb and out of line. He just didn't want to mess up. But how do you pass a pop quiz? You never know.

Bakugo muttered under his breath with frustration and almost created an explosion with his hands remembering he would destroy everything he just bought.

*rwing rwing*

Bakugo checked his phone out of his coat pocket to see Ochaco's name without a photo icon.

I should change that, Bakugo thought.

"What's up, princess.", he answered.

"I don't know, I just had a feeling you weren't doing to well for someone reason. Are you okay.", she asked giggling.

Bakugo did a quick glance around to see if she was there, because there's no way she could've just guessed that.

"I'm fine, are you okay?", he said nonchalantly.

"I'm okay, a little nervous, but also excited! They should be here in like an hour? I think you should just come like, 15 minutes after they get here."

"That's fine..", he answered slowly checking the time so see it was a little past 11.

"Hey.", she said.

"Mhm?", he said quietly.

"What's going on, talk to me.", she said softly.

"Do you think... what if they hate me?"

"I don't think that's a possibility.", she replied.

"Oh, come on. If they've watched the news over the past couple years, they already know who I am. It hasn't always been good."

"The news has never put you in a bad light, no matter what the situation. Unlike my chipmunk cheek scandal.", she sighed. "You just look...really passionate!"

Bakugo gave a small laugh and he had walked back to his car from the mall. He turned on the car and the call connected to the vehicle.

"Anyways, you're one the most confident people I've ever met. You know I hate boosting your ego, but I want you to remember who you are."

Bakugo put his car in reverse then made his way home.

"Don't get all sweet on me now, round face."

He heard her getting flustered and started to smile.

"Thanks. Again. I'll see you in a couple hours. Do you think you're parents would want to go to a nice restaurant? I was thinking about taking them someplace if they were up for it."

"Honestly, I'm not sure. Since we're all alike I'm sure they'd hate for you to spend money on them, but it might be different. You can ask them when they arrive! Anyways, Bye Katsukiiii! Lo"-

She cut off her sentence and Bakugo raised an eyebrow and looked at his dashboard. Nothing was wrong with the reception.

"Sorry, I didn't hear that last part. What you say?"

"N-nothing! Bye bye!", she squeaked and hung up the phone.

"Alright.", Bakugo said to himself rolling his eyes. He pulled up in his driveway and got out the car. His parents were there and he didn't quite tell them yet what he was about to do. Even though he never told them anything, he thought to maybe tell his dad. He didn't want to admit it but wanted some advice and Kirishima wasn't answering. Probably sucking face with the alien girl. His dad was definitely the less dramatic parent and person overall. His mother might rock his nerves even more and Kirishima would tell him to do the very most.