🍓 11 🍓

2

2. Jeon Shani          98.5%

Shani stared at the board in shock. She's been standing there for five minutes but the fact still hasn't registered in her head.

1. Lee Donghyuck   98.7%

"No way....shit." She breathes heavily, nose literally touching the board. She run her fingers through his name, trying to see if it was fake but it was solidly there.

"Prez!" She was pulled out of shock when Ma'am Irene tap her shoulder. She was beaming with happiness "You're really something else. How did you manage to tutor Donghyuck? It's a miracle! The boy might actually graduate!"

Shani laugh awkwardly, scanning the crowd for the said boy "Haha...I-It's not me ma'am. I guess Donghyuck is just...hahaha gifted."

"No! It's all thanks to you! That boy never listens to anyone. I'm glad he's taken his place back."

Shani's eyebrows met in confusion "Taken his place back?"

"Well...technically speaking, he's always been smart. Always in the top five until last year." Ma'am Irene sigh "Tragedy could really change someone drastically."

"Ma'am? May I ask...what happened to Donghyuck?"

"I'm not so sure myself. I don't think it's my place to say anything." Ma'am Irene gave her one last smile "Thank you Shani. You're changing that boy's life. It warms my heart."

That afternoon, Shani found herself up in the rooftop. She gaze down the huge soccer field, breathing in the fresh air.

"Why me?" She asked, feeling someone approach her.

"You're the only girl I know." He responded, leaning on the railings and looking at her.

She met his eyes "Donghyuck, do you like me?"

"No."

"Then I don't want to be your girlfriend. I can continue to be your counselor."

He casually took out a cigarette and fumble for the lighter in his pocket "I can't kiss my counselor. Or go on dates and hold hands."

She looked away, mumbling "You don't even like me. Why would you kiss me."

Haechan stared at her, trying to search for something. Maybe something that would make his heart feel warm. Something that would make his heart race.

"To forget."

"So you're going to use me. Toy with me." She snatch the cigarette from his hand, bringing it up on her lips.

Haechan watch her carefully before sighing "You have to light it first, idiot." He brought the lighter to the cigarette and upon ignition, the girl started coughing up smoke.

"Damn! It's so bitter!" She cough, taking the cigarette out of her lips.

Haechan shook his head, snatching his cigarette back.

"We can use each other. Help me forget...and I will show you all the fun things in this world."