🚬 20 🚬

"We're going to get our ass kicked

"We're going to get our ass kicked." Hyunjin's palm were sweating as he stopped in front of the student council room.

Yeji kicked his legs, opening the door "You're going to get your ass kicked. I can hold my own."

As they walked in, they found Shani wearing her glasses, typing away on her computer. They stopped in front of her.

"Prez....we have a problem."

"Hmm? Did the Secretary of Education arrived already?"

Hyunjin's legs were shaking. He closed his eyes, letting Yeji deliver the bad news.

"Don't get mad, ok? But...they vandalized the walls again. And the boys bathroom smells like weed..."

"And Uh.....Lee Donghyuck got in a fight with Changbin. There's blood in the hall—"

Shani shut her eyes tight, knuckles going white. Her voice was stern "Then clean the freaking hallway."

"R-Right!" Hyunjin quickly ran out of the room, leaving Yeji.

"What about the wall—"

Shani ran a hand through her face in exhaustion "Tell those idiotic jerks to wipe the wall clean. Or else, I will get them expelled."

"I don't think they will listen to me..." Yeji said hesitantly.

Shani rest her forehead into her arm, feeling stressed. She's been burying herself into works for the past week. Homework, University applications, school affairs, giving out detentions and Ofcourse, dealing with the mess Haechan and his friends has been making.

But she's been successfully avoiding him so far.

"I think if I see one of them again, I'll faint."

Yeji sigh, understanding her situation "I will get Jeno. We'll clean the wall up."

"Ok."

After Yeji was gone, Shani walked the deserted hallway. Everyone was still in their classes and she headed for the boys bathroom to see what kind of mess was there.

Her face crunch disgustingly as she entered, smelling the foulness of the weed. She was scanning the room when she heard rustling and voices in one of the cubicles.

"Hyung you're bleeding. Let's go to the nurse-"

"Screw the nurse. She ask too many questions. Seo Changbin punch like a girl anyways. It's nothing."

Upon hearing the voice, Shani felt her heart quicken. She turn on her heel, wanting to avoid seeing him but at the attempt to run away, she bumped into the trash can.

Jisung peeked out of the cubicle at the sound "Oh. It's you....Hyung, it's noona."

Noona? In other occasion, it might have melted her heart. But when Haechan walked out of the cubicle, her whole body froze.

The spot on top of his eyebrows was busted open, blood running down the side of his face.

"Shit. Are you...." she was shocked at first but catch herself, changing her whole demeanor "...Were you the one using drugs? This is school property and—"

"Fuck you and your school property." Haechan scoff, bumping his shoulder against her as he walks out.

She wanted to grab him. Run after him. But she held herself back.

They're just strangers now. Strangers with memories.

*****

It was past midnight and Shani found herself staring at the ceiling. She hasn't been able to fall asleep for the past days. There were so many things inside her mind.

"Asahi, if you didn't leave....nothing of this would have happened." She mumbled. Half expecting someone to respond but she knows too well, she never would hear his voice ever again.

She turned to the picture frame on her desk and tears filled her eyes. She missed him.

And she missed Donghyuck too.

She placed an arm on her face, crying silently. It was one of those nights where you felt empty and extremely emotional. Her heart hurts so bad, she wanted to throw up.

She was still sobbing when her phone started ringing. At first she didn't plan to pick up, but it rang non-stop.

She reached for phone, collecting herself.

"Hello—"

"Noona! Noona! I didn't know who else to call! Hyung needs you! There's—"

She was jolted back to her senses as she checked the ID of the caller.

Lee Donghyuck

But it was Jisung on the phone.

"Calm down. What happened?"

"Hyung!" He was panicking and sobbing "Hyung, he....

Changbin and his friends hurt him badly. Noona, help."

"