🍓 31 🍓

SEOUL SOUTH KOREA

SEOUL SOUTH KOREA

"Why didn't you tell me sooner!" Haechan stood up abruptly, flipping his chair over.

Everyone in the room cower and shift uncomfortably in their seats, trying to find the right words until Jisung spoke up.

"H-Hyung...we were going to tell you once you come back from Beijing."

"You could have texted or called me even when I'm away!!!" He messed his hair up in frustration.

"The mission failed. Winwin got hurt. And Leeteuk is now targeting us. None of these are easy—" Taeyong spoke up, only to be harshly cut off.

"But still! Shani! They'll be going after her!" Haechan slam a stack of pictures on the table.

They were stolen photos of Shani. Leeteuk had them sent to the gang house along with the pictures of Haechan's parents and a warning.

Frustrated, Yoonji kicked Haechan's knee, forcing him to sit down in pain "Why are you yelling at us?! If they told you sooner, would you have teleported back to Korea from Beijing? HUH?!!"

Haechan stayed quiet, anxiety and panic growing inside him. What if she gets hurt because of him? What if they kill her like they did to Hyun....because of him?

He was always a death sentence to people.

Without realizing it, he was already on his knees, desperate for air and chest tightening.

"Haechan. Take deep breaths. You're fine. You're safe here with us." Taeyong called out but his voice seemed so far away. He was drifting farther and farther from reality.

"H-Hyung...w-what if...what if they shoot her too? What if! What if she leaves me too!" Haechan grasp on Taeyong's clothes tightly, pulling the elder closer to him in desperation.

"Shhhh. Calm down, ok? Nothing will happen. She's got all of us protecting her. I promise."

"It's all my fault! This is all my fault!" Haechan cried, hugging his knees and trembling.

He could still see it. Hear it. The gun. The bullet hitting her. Hyun bleeding and dying in his arms.

It's still in his mind like it was just yesterday.

"Water." Yoonji approached them carefully, handing Taeyong a glass of water and pills.

"Donghyuck, drink this. You'll feel better." Taeyong coeed.

"H-Hyung. It's my fault, isn't it?"

"No. No, it's not." Taeyong could feel the tears in his eyes "No it's not Hyuck. I'm sorry. Hyung is sorry, ok? I couldn't protect ChanHyun. I couldn't protect you and Mark. I'm sorry..."

Haechan took the pills, closing his eyes as he let the tears fall. He won't let history repeat itself.

He will protect his girl this time. With his whole life on the line, he will protect her.

Yoonji helped him up, letting him sit back on the sofa while rubbing his back. Taeyong had walked to the corner of the room, secretly wiping his tears.

Every time he sees his members cry, it breaks his heart. He has regrets about that night too....he should have protected everyone.

But he couldn't.

And now Mark and Haechan are suffering because of it.

Just then, the door burst open and a panting Chenle came in.

"Not that I care but.....

Jeno and Shani are missing."

"