🍓 45 🍓

After many days in the dark, Shani finally felt the warm sun for a moment

After many days in the dark, Shani finally felt the warm sun for a moment. She doesn't know if it was a dream or not. All she know was that Asahi was beside her, holding her hand as some strange men dragged her in the back of a car and brought her somewhere else.

She was in pain. Too much pain that she couldn't even open her eyes. She couldn't move but she could taste the metallic taste of blood in her throat.

"W-Where...." She tried to say, only to end up coughing blood out of her throat.

Heeseung was beside her. He looked down at her almost lifeless body. He's been answering all her questions and telling her many things. Maybe it was because he knows she's about to die. And there's no problem with talking to a person who will be buried under six feet soon.

"We're close to the North and South border. Leeteuk will be supervising an illegal trade here. Your parents will show up tonight as well."

"A-And then?"

He closed his eyes, feeling a bit of pain in his heart "You will go home soon."

Shani smiled. Atleast she tried to smile.

"G-Good. G-Good. D-Did you hear that Asahi? I...My parents are coming."

Asahi lovingly stroke her hair and said in a very gentle tone "Why are you crying? Don't cry Princess. It'll be over soon."

"I miss my mom and dad." Tears fell silently as Shani curled up on the floor "It hurts Asahi. It hurts...I want to sleep."

He continued to comfort her, stroking her hair with the warm of his fingers "Shhh....Don't sleep yet. We still have to go home. Didn't you say you want to ask Donghyuck for forgiveness? You wanted to tell your parents how much you love them? My good girl, don't fall asleep."

"Asahi...." Shani continued to whisper over and over.

Heeseung could only watch the girl. He was used to it. For couple of days, she's been talking to someone that isn't there. She's been hallucinating. It was common for people that were about to die, he thought.

A few more hours passed and the sun began to go down. Suddenly, Jae Hyuk came in. He walked towards Shani and held the edge of her hair, forcefully dragging her almost unconscious body.

Heeseung stopped him "Where are you taking her?"

Jae Hyuk shrugged him off "Boss wants her." He proceed on dragging her, leaving blood trail behind them.

"Jae Hyuk, let me carry her."

"Are you mental? What? You pity her?" He looks at Shani with full of disgust "You pity her but who will show pity towards you. We're criminals. I'd rather kill than be killed."