Part 1 (Rewritten)

A/N: vote, comment, tell me how it is!

The wind gently flowing through her silk-like, elegant jet black hair, she walks alongside the waves gently crawling onto the perfectly smooth shore. With every step, her feet slightly sinks into the wet sand, leaving behind footprints that would ultimately be erased, without any hints of them left behind. Wearing a bright red hoodie and baggy jeans that were scuffed up to her knees, and holding a pair of worn out sneakers, the young average heighted woman looks as if she couldn't have a care in the world. It was as if she had her life together, with nothing plaguing her mind. But like always, what meets the eye is not as it seems.

     She was the epitome of a wallflower. She could be described as plain, but prefers to be called normal. She wasn't the prettiest person in the world, yet she was not the worst. She believed herself to be a person who is not responsible, but still is not un-responsible. She wasn't talented, but still could do certain things to an extent. Overall, she was normal. She was nothing remarkable.

She came to the terms that the term 'perfect' was unachievable. So she did what was needed, nothing more, nothing less.

Sadly, there is not a universal law where wallflowers are unable to be riddled with scars. On the shallow end of the pool, there are the basics. But as you traverse deeper, to the deep end, you will encounter darker things. She had many invisible scars that never seemed to fully heal.

Reaching into her hoodie's pocket, her fingers meet the smooth, cool metal of a intricate ring. By chance, she had uncovered a old, sentimental ring that had been given to her during childhood. One may rejoice at finding such a piece of the past, but for her, it brought back up a wave of trauma that she had fought to keep under covers, hidden, and forgotten. It was not something she wanted to bring back up. All it did was bring back tears and widened wounds.

Taking it out, her eyes examine the small ring. There were many chips and breaks along the band, proving how it was witness to many events over time. It was a elegant, yet simplistic ring, with no precious stone, instead having a unique twist in the center. She remembers the multiple promises she had made with a old friend, with only each other and the stars above witness. The promises of a friendship that would last for all eternity reduced to meaningless, childish, fleeting memories. She felt immature and embarrassed for such words that her former child self had said. Especially with the grim ending that had become of their friendship. A cruel tale that had unfairly been ended with. Her best friend whom she had once been willing to take a bullet for had turned her back on her and managed to flip the world upside down. In moments, the world was dimmer than before.

     She was ready to let it go. She may never forget it, but to come to terms with it was enough. She turns to face the alluring blue water, and draws her arm back. Taking a deep breath, she counts to three, and with all her might, she throws the ring into the waves. In return, the waves sing a silent song, forever promising to take the gift into its deepest and darkest depths, never to be seen again. She watches the ring hit the water, and feels the invisible red strings break. She was no longer bound by the strings that once choked her and brought her down. She was free of one burden. She slowly cocks her head back, with a smile creeping onto her face. Hearing the sound of a stick breaking behind her, she whirls around to identify what had caused the noise. Her eyes meets another dull pair of dark, brown eyes. Her eyes widen, not expecting to meet another person at this time. She would be a liar if she denied attraction to the tall man. With kind, brown hair and wearing a hoodie with a simple jeans jacket over it. He was mysteriously alluring. Avaline was intrigued.

     Little did she know that she had the same effect on him. Who would've known that they were fated to cross paths. For the better, or the worst. Only chances close to a coin flip would be tested. Both people flustered, they both spin around, breaking eye contact and hurried to go back the way they came. They would never forget the sight of each other.

A/N: 💃🦍congrats to making it to the end! Hang tight because this was a rewritten pt 1 :) chapter 5 is when we finally switch to a full 3rd person book so hand tight 🤸‍♀️🚊🦍💃💅