Chapter 29

A/N: comments? 🥺

The two worked together, perfectly in sync as they cleaned around Techno's home, wiping down surfaces and disinfecting. They had silently agreed to disinfect wherever Amara had been.

Techno takes the cup that still had coffee, pouring the coffee out, then throwing it into the trash bin. Avaline laughs, amused, but understood.

While Avaline wipes down the final surfaces, Techno walks into the other room, Avaline slighty curious. Techno comes back into her view holding two bottles of air freshener, spraying it around.

The two begin to cough, Avaline rushing to open a window.

Techno laughs, "Yea not the best idea, but at least I can't smell the overly powerful perfume anymore.".

"True true! That perfume choice definitely is not for me.".

Techno nods, a smile on his face.

Avaline turns away to place the cleaning materials back where she found them. "Techno, thank you for not listening to her.".

Sighing, Techno goes to sit on his sofa. "Yea, no problem. I hate how she just waltzed her way into my home without even taking her shoes off.".

"Yea, she's absolutely terrible. Also, I can explain.".

Techno shakes his head, "there's no need to.".

Avaline goes to sit next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "It's to clear things up.".

With a frown, Techno shakes his head no again, "You really don't have to. You're not obligated to do it.".

Avaline smiles, "I want to. Anyways, yes she WAS my best friend. Yes, she did sleep with my boyfriend of multiple years.".

Techno scoffs, "that's absolutely terrible.".

"Yea. If murder wasn't illegal, she'd be 6 feet under by now.".

Avaline is pulled in by Techno, being wrapped into his arms.

"I think I said it before that the guy that you fought of for me is that ex. I really have no idea why Amara was here!".

With a long sigh, Techno places a comforting kiss on top of Avaline's head. "It doesn't matter. If she comes back, we can always call the police.".

"What if we beat her up?".

Techno visibly cringes, "I think we'd be cancelled online. All my clout is going to leave.".

Avaline jokingly smacks his chest, "you and your damn clout".

"Don't forget my viewer retention!".

Avaline smacks his chest again, "and your damn viewer retention.".

They fall into a comfortable silence, neither knowing what to say.

Soon enough, Avaline gains enough confidence to quietly start off, "I hate to bring it up, but remember when I ghosted you for like three days?".

Techno silently nods, Avaline continues, "after the whole cheating thing happened, I just shut off you know? I pushed everyone away, just like what I did to you. I don't want to do it, but it's hard. It's like a defense thing and a coping thing.".

Avaline receives a gentle pat on her head, Techno giving her a warm smile.

"It doesn't matter anymore. We've already established that I'm always going to be here for you. We can work out everything, together.".

Tears forming in her eyes, Avaline buries her face in his chest. Techno hugs the unstable girl tighter, trying to relieve any bit of pain possible.

"Do you want to stay another night here?".

Avaline looks up at him, "would you be okay with that? I've already been here for a day.".

"Yea of course! You can sleep in the guest bedroom again."

Avaline nods, thankful. She wasn't ready to be left to her own thoughts again. "Can I use your shower? I feel yucky.".

"Of course, you can borrow some clothes of mine or we can run over to your apartment, you do your thing over there and then come back. Or we can go straight out?".

Avaline stands up, Techno following suit. "Yea we should go over to my place then we can go eat something.".

Techno nods, agreeing with the plan. "Breathing some fresh air would be pretty nice for us.".

"Our gamer lungs are old and musty.".

The two laugh, sharing jokes back and forth as they waltzed around, gathering belongings.

A/N:
Not a big important chapter but it's fine
But we got some Avaline backstory covered