Chapter 31

🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️
       ‼️🛑🛑TW:ATTEMPTED SUICIDE🛑🛑‼️
A/N: vote or comment or smth hopefully comment
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline #:
800-273-8255

Don't be scared to reach out for help!
Do not be ashamed, everyone needs a helping hand sometimes ❤️❤️ You're Important.
(Happy pride month btw)

Seeing her figure get into the taxi, Techno books it, trying his best to not lose the taxi. Weaving through the streams of people, occasionally bumping into some and being met with curses, he loses the taxi.

There were dozens of taxis all waiting at the same red light. It all seemed hopeless when the traffic light eventually turned green, taxis turning to different directions.

Taking his phone out he dials her number, and surprisingly, she picked up.

"Hello?". Her voice still empty as ever, Techno sighs.

"Where are you, Avaline? You're making me worried.".

"I'm heading home.".

Techno blinks in confusion, as he had seen the taxi go the opposite way. "Are you sure?".

"Yes I am.".

Techno stays quiet, listening closely to the noises coming from the phone. Apart from her breathing, it seemed as if she was walking, around a place with children's laughter, the rumbling of cars, and water. Water. WATER!

"Avaline, will you please stay on the phone please?". Techno starts running to the place he suspects, placing his future on the gamble.

His question was met with Avaline ending the call. Techno groans in frustration and fear, wishing that they had stayed in earlier.

The Brooklyn Bridge Promenade comes into his view, and so does Avaline on a city bike, zooming away, further into it.

Techno curses, him trying his best to punch in all the information needed to rent a bike of his own. Fingers shaking, and his head turning to look every few seconds, he almost kisses the machine when it finally went through. Grabbing the bike, he tried his best, heart pumping, legs pedaling as fast as he could. He had completely lost sight of her, his future.

It was almost as if his mind had shattered knowing what she intended to do, and the pieces were slowly disintegrating, pulling him slowly towards insanity.

The world would no longer be beautiful without Avaline. Avaline was his entire world.

Pushing his legs to the limit, he whispers to himself, "I'm so sorry, Avaline. I couldn't protect you.".

Burning tears begin to form in his eyes, Techno desperately tries to wipe them away, he couldn't lose the power of sight.

Slowly, his head starts to spin, his vision shaking. Forcing himself to his limits, his muscles feelings as if lava was being poured onto him with every push.

Techno didn't mind the pain, as the thought of getting Avaline to safety was his pacifier. During the late nights where he would stay sound awake, due to how his mind was racing, filled with thoughts about Avaline. He had imagine what it would be like if he had the opportunity to grow old with the one he loved.

They would have glinting silver hair together, hand intertwined, tell each other their memories of their young ages, and tell each other how they're always loved. Each morning he would wake up to her warm smile, and jokes about how lazy he was.