Chapter 20

A/N:
Hello👁👁👁
Comment smth? 👁👁👁
Wanna vote?👁👁👁
Love me? (/j)👁👁👁

"Well this was a shocking turn of events.". Avaline laughs, "TRUE TRUE!". Techno confesses to her, "I actually got here late so I was quite worried.".

Avaline smiles, eyes twinkling in the sunlight. "Oh it's fine, I left my house a bit late too!". A small smile appears on Techno's face, "well anyways, I hope you're okay. I assume that's the guy from the really bad breakup you had?".

     Avaline's face drops, "Um, yea. Sorry about that, he spotted me and then that all happened."

     "I'm sorry I didn't make him an orphan." Techno says this with a sad smile, half jokingly.
"But it's okay, you're fine, I'm fine, I didn't get beat up.".

     Avaline's moods lifts a tad, "A Techno loser arc would be seriously depressing.". "BRUHH.".

     The two walk towards the entrance, with Avaline slickly interlocking their arms. With their faces both heating up, they both refuse to look at each other as they walk.

     As they are seated at a table that overlooks the water, they admire the view, not knowing what to say.

     Avaline breaks the silence, "I just wanted to say again, thank you so so much for helping me out, and I'm so sorry you had to get caught up with that drama.".

     Techno smiles sweetly, "If saving women makes them incredibly in love, I should've done it in college.".

     Avaline hesitantly laughs, Techno realizes that he had said something strange, switching up to, "I mean, of course. I'd do it all over again for you. After all, I did say that I was going to be your shield."

     "Well thank you! Not gonna lie, you were hella badass showing him your phone with 911 ready to be called.".

     Techno cringes, "Honestly, I was shaking on the inside. If he decided to fight me I would've froze up or ran away.".

     Avaline bursts out laughing, "bro I would've never had guessed. But honestly? Same. You looked so cool while talking to him, like your monotone voice with no emotions  definitely scared him.".

     Techno cackles, "well I'm very glad, I tried my best while absolutely TERRIFIED. I'm a English major college drop out, does that sound scary?"

     "You're right, it doesn't. But it's okay your funny words saved the day, it sounded like you knew exactly what you were doing."

     "Bruhh.". The two quiet down as they read through the menu. After deciding on what they wanted, they looked up at each other, neither of them wanting to speak to the waiter.

They both break into nervous laughter, both knowing what needs to happen. They both kept eye contact, silently begging for the other to do it.

Techno coughs into his fist in order to dispel some of the nervousness gathering at their table. Thankfully before he did something, a waiter walked over to collect their order. "Hello, are you two ready to order?".

Techno lets out a sigh, relaxing into his seat a bit. "Oh Um. I'll have the Barbecue Chicken Burger with the Curly Fries topped with bacon and cheese?".

The waiter writes his order down onto the small notepad he held, then turning to Avaline. "And what would you like?".

Slightly cringing, "erm, I'll take the buttermilk crispy chicken burger with Curly fries also topped with bacon and cheese.".

Smiling, the waiter hastily writes down the orders, and without looking up, "any drinks?".

The two weakly smile and respond with "just a coke please".

"Thank you! Your food will be ready in a bit.". And with that, the waiter walks away to other tables.

Both of them relax into their chairs, already exhausted. Glancing at each other, they burst into laughter at their behavior.

"It's so depressing that we both suck at talking to other people.". Techno nods, "yea, it's crazy but it's just so hard for no reason!".

"Oh we need to take pictures for Twitter!".

"Yea I nearly forgot about that.".

Avaline takes her phone out of her purse, then gently takes Techno's hand, placing it on the center of their table. She places her hand gracefully on top of his, then snapping a picture.

With a wide smile, Avaline proudly shows off the picture to Techno. Techno smiles, cheeks heating up with a light tinge of pink. He retracts his hand, placing it on his lap, palms suddenly sweating.

Getting up off her chair, Avaline walks over to him, crouching down next to him then snapping a selfie of them two. In the picture, Avaline had twinkling eyes and a wide smile, and Techno with a small smile, cheeks noticeably pink.

Avaline giggles, "aww, look your cheeks are so red!". Techno tries to deny it, "of course not! It's just the lighting...".

Jokingly rolling her eyes, "alright sureee. Should I post both?". Techno's eyes widen, "you haven't done a face reveal tho".

"Oh it's fine, I'll cover over my face with something. Do you want your face covered too?".

"Yea sure... Thank you, Avaline.".