Chapter 19

In which the day of the date/meet up arrives.

The both of them wake up that early morning, face planting into their pillow, then proceeding to scream. The pillow muffled their screams, so no neighbors would complain.

The two were extremely excited, both staying up till late hours, not being able to fail asleep due to excitement. It was almost as if they were kids again, their big trip being the next day.

Every time their wandering minds traveled to the date, they would profusely blush, and cover their faces. Avaline and Techno were so incredibly nervous, they were ready to pick up their phone and just cancel. But of course, they would never do such thing. Wasting such potential would cost them the priceless memories they were bound to create.

     Beforehand, they had agreed to dress casually, so the stress of looking fancy wasn't placed onto them. But this proved futile, as both were scrambling to find the definition of a 'casual' outfit. Minds swimming with questions, Avaline goes to Pintrest to hunt for an adaquete outfit, while Techno flees to Twitter.

Technoblade @/Technothepig
Hello people of Twitter. I have come here today to ask for advice. I need to find a "casual" outfit. Help. What is a casual outfit? Inspo?

SUMO1 @/wrestling
Date question mark?

Captain @/levisimp
Idk go with jeans or smth

BAKUGO3 @/Bakugosimp
Blue sweatpants with white shirt

Bigtjttjes4 @/bigbobs4
Put a overshirt on a simple, solid color shirt, DONT DO THE BUTTONS or just a sweater lol idk

Elmo 2024 @/stanelmo
Dontknowfashionblade

Big6 @/bighero6
Out of every resource in the world, you choose Twitter? Ig that does sound like Technoblade LMAO

     And it was decided. Simple sweatshirt over a turtle neck, and simple pants. Avaline decided on a simple dress with flowers on it.

    Now that their outfits have been determined, they had to wait. And wait, and wait. They would be going out for lunch together, and would take pictures in order to make Twitter explode. Clout creation.

     Technoblade played YouTube videos, leaving it on auto play even though he paid no attention to them. He was anxiously waiting, glancing at the clock every few minutes. He was sweating, bouncing his leg, lump in his throat. His eyes were straining as he stared at his computer, looking, but not processing anything. He was deep in thought, afraid of how the day would go.

     With around 20 minutes left before he would need to leave his apartment, he stands from his chair, and walks into his bathroom for the last check ups. Staring into the mirror at himself, he ponders if he was enough for her. In his mind, Avaline was more precious than any stone on the earth. If she asked him to bring her the moon, he wouldn't stop til he had completed the quest.

     This was the same person who would laugh and ridicule the people in romantic movies who would die for their significant others. He had always believed that they were fools. How was it possible that somebody would sacrifice themselves for the name of love?

     But now that he had tasted a tiny drop of the sweet nectar of what love was, he understood. It was like a pond of water in the middle of a scorching hot desert, after weeks of traveling. You could go as far as describing it as addictive as drugs.