Chapter 28

A/N:
Watching the ranks fall are so depressing-
Comment or vote :)

The day before, Avaline had fallen asleep during her dinner with Techno, her face narrowly missing her bowl of soup. The sound of her head hitting the counter would resonate forever in Techno's nightmares. She had nearly scared the soul out of Techno, him accidentally knocking over his own bowl of soup.

If he said that he didn't scream a little, he would be lying. He had carefully carried the knocked out girl into the guest room, his gamer arms nearly dropping her halfway.

After settling her into the bed, making sure that there was no way that she would fall off. After doing that grueling task, he went off to his own room to settle down for the night.

———

Techno was woken up by loud knocks, him groaning, before grudgingly getting up. When he stepped out into the hallway, he spared a quick glance at the guest room, seeing that the door was closed, he assumed that Avaline had not gotten up yet.

More knocks were made, Techno curses, annoyed by the unexpected visitor. He currently did not want to speak to anyone, excluding the presumably still asleep girl in the other room.

With a cold glare, he swings the door open. He's met with a slender woman with a happy smile, in business attire. She extends her hand to him, asking to shake his hand.

Techno accepts the gesture, "Who are you?".

The woman flashes her pearly white teeth, "I'm Avaline's best friend. May I come in?".

Before Techno could answer, she walked past him, into his house. She spins in a slow circle, examining the place.

Feeling confused Techno furrows his brows, "Avaline didn't tell me that someone was going to come. Nor that she had a best friend?".

"Oh well, she doesn't speak of me much.".

By this, Techno had his guard up, suspicious of the overly composed woman. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave my home.".

She places a hand over her heart, "That fast? We haven't even spoken yet.".

"I think Avaline is in the other room, so I can go get her now.".

With another smile, "There's no need for that. By the way, I'm Amara.".

"Amara, please leave." Techno motions to the door, uncomfortable with this interaction.

Amara ignores him, looking through his cabinets, taking a Starbucks coffee k cup, placing it into the Keurig. As the machine works, she turns back towards Techno, "You don't want to hear about who the great Avaline really is?".

Techno sneers, walking towards her. "I don't need to hear it from you. I already know who she is.".

Amara cruelly smiles, mocking him. "Avaline Leonhart. Birthday November 28. Age 21. High school, Bronx High school of Science.".

Techno takes a step back, not knowing if what this woman was rambling were true or not. He had never asked Avaline about this sensitive information.

"Would you like more?". Amara takes her cup of coffee, sipping it slowly.

Techno shakes his head, just wanting this person to get the hell out.

Amara ignores his head shake, going on. "Well did you know that she got cheated on? They were together from freshman year all the way to senior year. What a tragic story!".

Avaline steps out, angrily stomping over to Amara. "Yea, he cheated on me with you.".

Amara dramatically gasps, placing a hand on her cheek. "Me? I would never!".

"Don't play dumb, Amara. Leave.". Avaline points a finger to the still open door.

Amara fakes an expression of hurt, "Why, Bestie?".

"You're not welcome here.".

"Why not? We're best friends!".

Avaline slams a fist onto the counter, "You are not my best friend. Best friends do not stab each other in the back. They don't sleep with their best friend's boyfriend.".

Amara takes a few steps toward Avaline, "It's really not my fault, Avaline. It's not my fault that he chose me over you. Maybe get a Brazilian butt lift? I have a business card of a really good doctor in my purse.".

Amara takes a strand of Avaline's hair, twirling it around. Avaline slaps Amara's hand away, disgusted.

"Get the hell out of here.". Avaline begins to shake, tears forming in her eyes. Techno stands protectively in front of Avaline, creating a barrier between the two.

Techno knows that he should force himself into the middle of their argument, as they obviously have years of problems.

"He was all over me, silly! He always told me that I was so much better than you.". Amara laughs, loving every second of seeing the girl being tortured.

Avaline closes her hands into fists, trying her best to stop her shaking. "I don't care. I'm doing great without the two of you.".

Amara frowns, looking at Techno up and down. Pointing at him, "you mean with HIM? Honey, you've seriously downgraded. Putting aside our problems, you can do better.".

Avaline gasps, running up to Amara, grabbing her arm and pulling her out the door. Amara digs her nails into Avaline, attempting to free herself.

"You can not come here and decide to insult the person I love just because your desperate ass can't catch a man of her own. I'm very happy with him, thank you!"

Determined to kick her out, Avaline continues to drag her towards the elevator, ignoring when Amara fell down due to her high heels. Shoving her into the elevator, Amara yells in frustration as the elevator door closes, Avaline smiling and waving goodbye.

"Avaline, this is not over.".

Techno awkwardly watches as Avaline walks back in, "Oh um. Imma go clean up that soup on the counter.".

Avaline smiles, "I'll help you! Is this the soup from last night?"