Chapter 3

A/N: vote, comment, tell me how it is!

Avaline's POV
     The day of my first MCC is here. I already had the stream going, and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. When I first got the dm, inviting me to play this week, I was sent into the rabbit hole of anxiety. I was contemplating not accepting the invite, but I knew that it would help out my channel lots. I really didn't want to play because I was scared to interact with other YouTubers. I had never even talked to another YouTuber, and I felt as if I didn't deserve to be participating. But I eventually swallowed my pride and agreed. I was placed into a team with Phil, Tapl, and Technoblade. We had practiced a few times beforehand, but without Technoblade, as he couldn't make any of the practices due to private reasons. We didn't mind as we knew that he would probably end up carrying our team into high places on the leaderboard. Phil and Tapl surprised me with how incredibly kind and welcoming they were. They made me feel comfortable to be myself! In the little time that we spent together, we had bonded and became great friends!

I feel the nerves start to catch up to me. My stomach feels as if there's a zoo had taken its place in there. I was comfortable with Phil and Tapl but what about Technoblade? I had never met him, but I had watched a bunch of videos made by him. I was anxious to see how the blood god would act. Would I be able to make small talk? Would any of my jokes land? Will he like me as a friend?

I open my discord application and join the call. Technoblade has yet to join. I jokingly said, "Hey y'all! I have arrived! Now BOW to me PEASANTS", but once I said the word "y'all" the familiar sound of someone joining the call sounded. A monotone voice cuts in surprising all of us into an awkward silence, "who am I bowing to?". Phil breaks the silence with a loud laugh and says, "Hello Techno! Glad you could make it! I thought you would never come!". The monotone voice throws back at him, "of course I would come, why wouldn't I? We're here to win. If we don't win then what will my chat say about me?". We laugh and find each other in the MCC lobby.

——

"FUCKKKKK" I scream into m my mic as I fall to my death. Surprisingly, we four had hit it off. We had grown comfortable with each other and throwing jokes was as easy and smooth as breathing. My thoughts of insecurity beforehand became silly thoughts. If a random person who didn't know us join my stream right now, they would most likely think that that we've been friends for years! We both have a similar sense of humor, so jokes came easy. Pretty much every single joke that we said, the other would understand it and laugh almost instantaneously. I have to admit that he's literally a god at pvp. In his videos, he's usually up against random kids that aren't really that crazy at pvp but now he's fighting against skilled players and he's DOMINATING. I could never.

——

WE WON THIS WEEK'S MCC! WE DID IT! "POGGG" Phil, Tapl, and I screamed into a mic, celebrating loudly, while Technoblade just said a short but with slight enthusiasm, "pog.". Leaning into my mic I yell, "POGCHAMP CHAT! MY FIRST WEEK AND MY FIRST WIN! FEAR MEEEE! EVERYONE ELSE SHALL SHIVER IN THEIR BOOTS WHEN THEY HEAR MY NAME POG! I DIDN'T DO MUCH BUT I SHALL CLAIM ALL THE CREDIT.". At this, my team laughs and we start aggressively shifting and unshifting towards the crowd of other players. After everything finished, I left the call and end stream, ready to go grab some dinner. I just shove some random old meal into the microwave and call it a day. As I'm watching the timer go down, I hear my phone buzz on the table next to me. Picking it up, a notification reads:

@Technoblade has followed you.
@Technoblade has sent you a message.

My heart jumps into my throat and my eyes practically pop out of my skull. My breathing quickens and my face turns red. I contemplate dealing with this situation tomorrow... or next week... or next year... or in my next life... I sigh and unlock my phone, jumping into Twitter. I quickly follow him back and go to my DMS.