T e n (دس)

Laila

I woke up as the sunlight making its way into the room falling on my face I can hear some whispering around me opening my eyes slowly it felt like I woke up after a long time my head feels like someone is been hitting me with something hard and big I try to sit up but then I felt pain coursing through my body I wince as I sit up "what is going on?" I ask Zain who was sleeping on the couch, beside Amaan talking on the phone. I looked around the room what I'm doing in the hospital, I touch my forehead a bandage was wrapped around it then I saw bandages on my hand.

"How are you feeling?" Amaan comes running over to me.
I move away from him why is he being so close to me and what happened to me it's supposed to be Alaya's nikah today.
"I'm fine, what happened?" I ask him before he could reply, everything that happened yesterday came back rushing to my mind tear start to flow down my cheeks my breathing getting short hot tears making my vision blurry I start to sweat even though the fan is working I felt like hundred degrees in here I try to calm my breathing it's like someone has hands around my throat choking me to death.

I heard Zain calling the doctor they made me lie down putting on an oxygen mask after a moment I was back to normal breathing Khala walks in wiping sweat whilst sitting beside me"shh shh take rest now" she whispers patting her hand on my forehead, I motioned to the water kept on the table beside the bed Amaan reaches for it, what is happening all their faces look like something worse has happened more than me losing Ammi and Danish just then the realization hits me where is Abba Jaan.

"Where is Abba Jaan?" My voice came out a little muffled so removing the oxygen mask I sit up gulping down the water.

"Where is Abba Jaan?" I ask again everyone looked down not able to meet my gaze, what is it Amaan sits on the edge of the bed.
"I don't know how to say this because we all know there is no easy way to tell this but Khaloo...he uhh when we were coming back someone attacked us and while escaping them one of them fired on Khaloo, which...which...before he could complete I raise my hand tears silently falling down my cheeks I can feel a lump forming at the back of my throat.

"Please aap sab mujhe akela chodh de filhaal ke liye," I tell them sternly I saw Alaya walking towards me to say something.

(Please everyone leave me alone for now)

"Please Alaya I want to be alone for a moment," I tell not meeting her gaze they all left the room and my tears start to flow down profusely I lost everything I want to yell but my voice has died down too, how can you Allah do this to me all I wanted to be with my family, I wanted to be happy with my Abba Jaan he was coming back finally to stay with me after so long but you took him away, you took my only hope to be happy, my one last hope which was stopping me to push towards the darkness, stopping me from drowning, stopping me from losing my sanity but you took that away from me.

All I wanted to keep my head in his lap and cry my heart out, all I wanted to feel his warmth around me him telling me Laila Beta don't worry everything will be fine I'm here with you, but no you had to take that away from me do you even know what I feel now, how lost and dreadful I feel.

I trusted you keeping my faith in you believing that at least you won't take my Abba Jaan from me after Ammi and Danish Bhai but no you had to go take him too, what did I ever do for you to punish me in such a manner. If this is some kind of game of yours Allah well guess what I'm failing it now please stop it and give my family back to me.

"Abba" I scream at the top of my lungs, everyone comes rushing in I pull out everything that was attached to my body I want to see him once just one last time.

"Laila, Laila stop" Khala tries to stop me, Alaya stood there with a horrid expression on her face I can feel blood coming out of my hand but I couldn't care less about it getting down I try to run out of the room why no one understands I just want to see him once. No one can take that right away from me not even Allah but fell on the floor wailing in pain that is when I noticed I have a broken leg too.