T w e l v e (بارہ)

Laila

The bright light was shining on my face making it almost impossible for me to keep my eyes closed I shift in the bed trying to roll on the other side but couldn't as the pain courses through my body making me remember I have a damn plaster on my leg along with other bruises which is why the doctor has told me to lie down straight sighing in frustration I sit up somehow on the bed my eyes fall on the sleeping figure of Amaan who was on the couch his one leg up on the headrest of it another almost on the floor pillow dropped near the table looking at his posture it looked so uncomfortable how is he even sleeping like that.

"Amaan, Amaan?" I call out, but he didn't budge it looked like he is having a carefree sleep but it certainly isn't. I feel bad for him because he has to compromise his bed scratch that he has to compromise everything because of me. He must have some dreams of marrying the love of his life but I destroyed everything for him all because of my bad luck, all this guilt is going to eat me alive. How am I supposed to look him in the eye and not have a meltdown? My destiny didn't just ruin everything for me but it ruined his life too.

"Amaan" I call out again a little louder he opens his eyes slowly looking at me squinting.
"What happened is everything alright?" he asks his voice a little raspy, my heart skips a beat at what just happened.
"Umm I uh want to go to the bathroom and take bath too so can you check up on Alaya " I ranted in one breath trying to make the situation less awkward.

He gets up from the couch stretching a little which made his t-shirt go up a little revealing his V shape look away, Laila, my mind snaps but my eyes cannot seem to look away he works out a lot looking at his fit physique"wait here I'll go and check" he says ignoring the fact that I was ogling at him which is good I don't want him to get any wrong ideas, he leaves the room I let out a breath not knowing I was holding in.

I look out the window the sky looked so bright today referring as it's a new day, new hopes, new starts of my life, and for everyone else in the world but not even a bit I feel happy or fine instead it is reminding me of Ammi, Abba Jaan, and Danish Bhai how they are not here to share this new start of my life or be happy for me even though this marriage is against our will I know Amaan married me so he can keep his promise to Abba Jaan, Khaloo and Khala felt this responsibility of marrying me off so they did.

"Alaya is still asleep and Ammi too so...uh " he trails off running his hands through his hair which were kind of messy but he was still looking good.

Allah, what is wrong with me?

"Uh I can help if you don't mind," he says looking everywhere instead of me, I look at him confused and at the same time I can feel my ears turning red because I suddenly started to feel hot.
"No thank you I'll help myself" I blurt out.
He looks at me mockingly "if you were able to you wouldn't have asked me to call Alaya" he says.

"I won't bite just tell me what do you need in the washroom I'll help you get it and when you have done with your chores just call me," he says, I know he is right but...but arghh fine.
"Okay just take me to the bathroom I'll do the rest myself " I order him removing the duvet.
He comes near me picking me up in a bridal style my heart starts to pound so loudly against my chest I can feel a weird feeling in my stomach which was never there when he was around or anyone, he looks at me for the fraction of seconds opening the door I point towards the sink so I can brush my teeth I'm not going to talk with my gross morning breath, as we entered I noticed the bathroom which is amazing I can stay here all day.

He puts me down helping me with everything once I was done brushing I point at the bathtub, he makes me sit on a stool that was kept beside the tub whilst he prepares everything for me, "just call my name once you are done" he says and leaves somehow removing my clothes I get inside the tub making sure I don't hurt my leg.