S e v e n (سات)

I try to open my eyes slowly as I can feel people hovering over me, I just hope I'm not dead, squinting a little I finally came to my senses and saw the hovered people which weren't any angels just my family, this does not mean that my family isn'...

I try to open my eyes slowly as I can feel people hovering over me, I just hope I'm not dead, squinting a little I finally came to my senses and saw the hovered people which weren't any angels just my family, this does not mean that my family isn't filled with angels but I am talking about real ones you know with the wings and stuff, anyway moving on I don't know what I am doing here?

So just going to ask them " what happened?"
"You blacked out" Danish Bhai replies.
"How are you feeling now?" Ammi asks sitting beside me.
"I'm fine Ammi, what happened Bhai Jaan who was firing shots?" I ask him, he looks at me as if this wasn't the right time to say, does this mean he didn't tell the real reason why I blacked out.

Great now they will think I'm crazy pants, who yells at night and gets fainted anytime and anywhere.

"What is she saying Danish?" I heard Khaloo say I looked in the direction he was sitting on the couch.
"Uhh um, Khaloo... I cut him off " Khaloo there was someone who was firing a gun outside his party office when we stopped by after college," I tell him, Bhai was glaring at him I arch brows at him, they are our family we should tell them if something happened and it pushes us towards the trouble then surely we should.

"I told you Danish to be careful and I told you to tell her but you never listened to me I told you to start looking for a good boy for her alliance, what if those shots were for Laila huh?" Khaloo asks angrily getting up from the couch, thankfully we are not in the hospital but how come me getting married will solve the problem of the threats there is the police we can go to them they are supposed to look after us and provide us with safety.

"I tied Alaya's alliance with Afan because they have everything in the coming future, my daughter doesn't have to face any kind of safety issues and combining two families we will be stronger, cause everyone knows everyone has enemies there are some we know about then there are some we don't know about," he says, his voice sends a shiver down my spine, this is the reason Alaya and Afan are getting married just for security reasons and because they are well financially.

I cannot believe my family.

"Find some good man for her and we will take this further as soon as your Abbu comes next week," Khaloo says and storms off from there, how can they decide whom should I spend my life with, if someone wants to kill me they will do even with the best security guards around me it doesn't matter.

Everyone just kept quiet until Zain spoke"ahem, Ammi I think Laila must be starving shall we head down for dinner" he says clearing his throat trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Yes, you are right it's getting late anyway, Alaya you get Laila okay," Khala says and leaves the room along with everyone else except Alaya who was standing in the corner with her head down.

"You didn't know about this either?" I ask her, she just nods her head as no, oh my Allah I don't even know what to say.

"I'm so sorry Alaya" I reply she looks at me a tear slides down her cheek.
"It's okay it's not your fault I just never thought Abbu would do such a thing with me," she says lowly then chuckles.
"Come on let's go Zain is right I'm famished," I tell her she smiles at me and we head down, everyone was sitting in the dining room without glancing at anyone I settle beside Zain, everything around me felt so quiet as if giving us a signal of the silence and chaos which is yet to come in our lives which might destroy us, at least some of us.