T w e n t y - o n e (اکیس)

Laila

Khaloo is back home and he is doing well, Allah listened to our prayers, Hammad Bhai Jaan told my mother's name Tahiya it feels good to at least know her name I know I wasn't lucky enough to meet her but I'm sure she will be smiling down at me right now.

Nargis hasn't told us yet she says she was getting paid to do this but we know its a lie because here at home she said something about my biological father because of which I'm sure he is behind all this and cops are looking for him but he is hiding somewhere and we also got to know that he currently works for some political party from where he took the privileges for granted. Hammad, Zain, and Amaan are working on it Alaya and Afan have been supportive since they have found out everything. Everyone has handled everything so perfectly so far and as for me, I don't know if I have yet.

"Stop pissing me off Afan, and leave" I heard very angry Alaya she never talks in that manner to anyone. I wonder what happened?

I was sitting in the garden it was evening and the orange clouds were looming over making it look so beautiful when both of them came outside the mansion "Kya masla hai Alaya?" I ask getting up from the chair.

(What's the matter Alaya?)

"He wants me to go with him to some charity event he should understand I can not when Abbu is not well and we all know Ammi is not in the condition to take care of him right now," she says, Khala has taken to bed she is kind of feeling down but mostly weak looking at Khaloo what happened that night has taken a toll on her and I don't blame her so it's me and Alaya who have been taking care of both. Zain and Amaan besides working on the case they are also taking care of the business.

"Alaya first of all this is not the way of talking to Afan, and if he wants you to go then there must be a reason right" I try to convince her which is not that easy.
"Yes, exactly that's what I'm trying to make her understand, it, not my choice Abbu and Ammi want us to go," he says.
"Arghh fine and I'm sorry for yelling and talking like that to you," she says making her cute puppy dog face.

They leave not before Afan mouths Thank you, looking at me.

I went inside after finishing my notes and my tea straight went up to Khaloo's room it was time for his medicines I gave him that Khala was sleeping so I went to make some dinner for me and Amaan then I decided to go back to study, my exams are near and they decide everything my future holds for me.

Amaan came into the room looking all tensed up and worried "sab khariyat to hai na?" I ask keeping books aside.

(Everything okay?)

"We found out who was helping Nargis out and might be helping the man behind all this," he says rubbing his temple.
"Who is it?" I questioned.
"It's someone who used to work for Danish, you remember those gunshots that happened one day when you and Danish went to the party house it was him who gave the information of your presence, he was the one who was threatening Danish" he explains sitting on the bed, I moved a little closer to him.

"Why he did it and did Hammad Bhai Jaan caught him?" I dared to ask, I don't want to get the answers it scares me but I have to.
"Yes, he did his team is interrogating him we might find out who is behind this and he did it for money I'm assuming Danish's rival party is behind all this, and someone took advantage of it" he states looking at his hands, I intertwined our fingertips.

"Don't worry everything will be fine and soon we will put the man behind bars, or men if there are many okay?" I said making circles on his knuckles I feel his body getting relaxed, just like his presence makes me relaxed. I have never wanted anyone to love me the way I crave Amaan's love in my life, I always see waves of hope crashing in my life, as he washes away all the doubts I ever feel inside me.