S i x (چھ)

Laila

"Promise me Bhai Jaan you won't get angry and will answer all my questions with honesty," I said, me and Bhai Jaan were in my room Ammi is asleep.
"Promise now tell me what is it," he says.

"I heard when you and everyone else were in the Khaloo's study who is threatening you Bhai and why didn't you told me about it, why you are not going to the police about it, why you want to marry me off huh, this is will not solve the problem if that person wants to harm me or Ammi they will anyway" I look at him I was angry at him because he didn't even try to share all this with me, he looks at me bewildered.

"Look Laila I didn't want you to worry about it and for the marriage, any way you are completing your studies and Ammi is also considering this as soon as Abbu comes we will discuss with Khaloo, and I went to the police but threats didn't stop it only increased and we don't even who is doing this," he says, rubbing his temples, he knows I'm right still he is talking as if we don't have any other options, Abba Jaan says there is always a way.

"You didn't want me to worry, well let me tell you one thing Bhai your sister is not that weak you think of me as" I reply angrily, this is not an excuse for hiding stuff from me.
He looks at me "that's it we will not discuss this anymore let Abbu come we will talk to him about your nikah and till then if you find any other solution tell me one and remember not even a word in front of Khaloo or anyone about this Laila" he says in a warning tone and starts to leave.

"You have a solution, leave the damn politics no one will threaten you," I retort back at him which I have never done and I know this is not right.
"I can't this is my dream I have worked so hard for this and I want to change things Laila why don't you understand this, plus Abbu will be there by my side nothing will happen," he says, is he seriously justifying it I understand it's his dream but you cannot risk lives of your loved ones for your dreams.

I look at him unbelievably" are you serious right now Bhai, that doesn't mean you will forget about my dreams and what I want" I said.
"No one is forgetting about you, Laila, we will not do anything which will hurt you in any way," he says walking back to the bed.

"Leave me alone Bhai, please I don't want to talk about this anymore," I tell him, tear slides down my cheek.

He left going out to the balcony of my room I stood there as the rain starts to patter I extend my hand feeling it on my skin as always it soothes me I let my tears stream down this is not how I planned my life to be going, but then nothing goes according to your way if it does its not life but how I am supposed to handle everything.

Abba Jaan please come back soon.

I went back to the room pushing all the thoughts at the back of my mind I fell asleep.

*****

"Laila utho, Laila" Ammi yells whilst opening the curtains I groan as the sunlight falls on my face making it hard for me to keep my eyes closed why do I have to go to college every day I wish I have studied online, or I wish I had magic no college no studies only sleeping, eating and sleeping.

(Laila get up, Laila)

"Ammi please five minutes more" I groan rolling over on the bed.
"Your Abba Jaan is coming next week he sent something for you" as soon as she said, I jolt up.
"You are not kidding na Ammi?" I ask her.
"No, we just got a letter stating he is coming next week he has taken leave for Alaya's wedding," she says folding the blanket, and I was jumping up and down in happiness Abba Jaan coming means everything will be alright and I might not have to marry anyone I can live it however I want to.