F i v e (پانچ)

We were sitting in the dining room it's Sunday so no college and most probably I'm going to spend my time at Alaya's place, she has some major explanations to give I mean she could've told me at least even though it was sudden she didn't even tell...

We were sitting in the dining room it's Sunday so no college and most probably I'm going to spend my time at Alaya's place, she has some major explanations to give I mean she could've told me at least even though it was sudden she didn't even tell me when she called me earlier.

The weather today is so beautiful it is going to rain, the sky is filled with colors pink, orange and a bit metallic grey hues followed by clouds flowing in the sky looking like cotton. I'm craving for pakode and of course, with ginger tea would love to have some sitting outside on the balcony having a book maybe or writing in my diary the perfect time to spend.

"Laila, stop playing with food," Ammi says pulling me out of my thoughts I didn't realize I was fiddling with the spoon.
I give her a sheepish smile and start to eat Alaya giggle at my antics and I just roll my eyes at her we are not on talking terms since she didn't bother to tell me about the engagement.

We are having a party again this evening it's more like a dinner where only Ghazi's are invited things will be discussed like Alaya's and Afan's nikah, rukasti with all the other rituals and functions. I hope Abba Jaan was here he is missing out on all the fun.

Sometimes I miss him so much even though I'm surrounded by all my loved ones but Abba Jaan has a different place in my life Ammi and Danish Bhai has always done everything for me, they have been there for me always in all the situations but still my heart yearns for Abba Jaan.

"So what plans you all have for today?" Khaloo's deep voice brings me out of my thoughts.
"Uhh we were planning to go shopping and we need to start looking forward to the preparations of nikah, " Khala says, looking at Alaya and there goes she starts to blush again.

I will never understand why she keeps blushing whenever the wedding or Afan's topic is brought, I guess I will never understand why girls blush at all I don't see the need for it, it's stupid what proves by blushing that you are happy, in love, or what. These things are out of my area of expertise.

"I don't want to go I'll stay in," I say abruptly not realizing that everyone was already discussing everything.
"Why not, don't you like shopping?" Khaloo asks.
"It's not like that Khaloo I feel tired so I'll stay in," I tell hesitating who will dare to tell him I hate it, anyway it's going to rain so even they can not go shopping.
"What will you do alone at home, Danish, Amaan, and Shahzain will be going with me to Mr. Ghazi's house," he says and I knew I cannot deny this I have to go no one ever refuses to Khaloo he is the one who decides because he is eldest in our family.

I just nod at him and the rest of the breakfast was in silence.

After that, we went shopping for the coming events in Bashir Mansion I cannot believe Alaya is getting married I knew her alliance is fixed but didn't take it seriously till it happened "so what is bothering you so much?" Shahzain asks walking beside me, yeah he didn't go with Khaloo he is the one who drove us to the market.
"What makes you think something is?" I ask, walking a little hastily fixing my dupatta.
"I know that look, Laila, don't forget I'm your brother we have been friends since we were in nappies" he chuckles, he is stating a fact though there is nothing which Alaya and Shahzain cannot understand about me, this is a perk of being best friends but it can be annoying sometimes.