T w e n t y (بیس)

Laila

Since the morning I have been feeling the jitters, and butterflies in my stomach even though after rukasti I have to live in this house only but still, the fluttering feeling won't go away.

I was in the salon with Alaya and as usual, I was kind of getting annoyed because of what she was doing with my hair "I think if you do a braided bun it would look good on you" the salon lady says.
I gave her my sarcastic smile "I'll do my hair, you just trim them a little, only a few inches" I said, my tone held a hidden warning, I don't know why these women never listen to their customer I mean whenever someone tells them to cut a few inches they will cut half your hair and they never cut the way you want it that's why I hate it, coming to the salon but the situation needed it right now. Alaya lets out a giggle in return gaining a glare from me.

"You look so cute when you are angry, just like a cute panda" she teases me, I slap across her arm.

"Ouch, talk with your mouth not your hands," she says whining about it.
"Oh come on you know how much I hate sitting like some lab rat and getting things done on my face and hair," I said touching my hair and my face on which I had a mask on.
"Don't talk with a mask on, it'll cause wrinkles" she warns me.
"Oh who cares about the wrinkles," I said removing the face mask the salon lady comes running towards me.

"Oh Ma'am why would you do that now?" She says looking at the mask taking from my hand.
"It was frustrating, I'm sorry but I don't like all of it, you do your wonders to her I'll wait," I said picking up a magazine and already started to flipping through the pages.
"You are crazy Laila, I don't even want to think how Maan Bhai keeps up with you," she says chuckling.
"Oh, he keeps up with me just fine, or maybe he is crazier than me you just don't know that" I retorted, to which she raises her hands in surrender.

We spent another hour I guess there before leaving to pick up our dresses Amaan is busy with Hammad following some lead and Khaloo, Khala is busy with the preparations plus Khaloo told someone to keep an eye on Nargis and look into her background, no one ever doubted her because she is been here for a long time, no one would have thought she would do something like this to us when Khaloo did everything for her and family or maybe she lied about that too.

"So how is your married life with Afan?" I ask Laila as we were sitting in a cafe sipping on my tea.
"It's pretty amazing, Afan is an amazing guy he keeps everything balanced with me and his family I mean I know people always think its girls who have to make most of the sacrifices but I believe they are wrong because our sacrifices are in front of everyone but no one talks about the guys, they also make many sacrifices cause they have to balance the relationship with his wife and his family member too which trust me isn't an easy job" she explains.

I agree with her its true, all we see is that a girl has to leave her parents house and go live with her husband's change her last name adjust to a new environment and home where she faces difficulties differently every day but we look past the guy's efforts whereas they have to equally manage and balance everything. If he spends much time with his wife friends and family are like yeah why would give time to us now, and if he gives too much time to his family and friends then his wife is like you only think about your family and give time to them not me. So it's a pretty tough job for them and doesn't even get an appreciation for it.

"How is with you and Maan Bhai?" Alaya pulls me out of my thoughts.
"Oh you know we had our ups and downs, it wasn't easy for both of us because of the conditions we got married in, but it's going amazingly I love your brother and that is enough," I said, not realizing what I have said until I heard Alaya gasp.
"You love him?" She questions, I just nodded in the response with a blush on my cheeks.
"Did you two confessed it yet?" She asks excitedly, to which I nodded again.