O n e (ایک)

I woke up at the ringing of my phone, Allah, let me sleep, please "Laila uth jaaye University Bhi Jaana hai" Ammi yells nudging me, making me sit up on the bed

"Ammi please, hum nahi Jaana chahte" I groan and cover myself with a duvet.
"There is no room for argument Laila Ansari get up this instant," she says, in a monotonous tone.
I sit up and groan loudly stomping my feet like a kid "Ammi, please not today".
"Why you don't want to go, tell me one reason?" She asks getting up from the bed walking to my closet taking out clothes for me.

(Laila wake up you have to go to the University)

(Mom, please I don't want to go)

I kept quiet my reason is so lame that is I just want to sleep there is no other reason. Ammi leaves the room not before eyeing me to get up from bed without much further ado, as soon as she leaves I close the door and went straight to the bathroom looking at my reflection in the mirror my dark brown eyes looking tired because of lack of sleep all blame goes to my studies if I haven't had that stupid assignment I never would have slept late, splashing water on my face I tie my dark brown hair in a bun, I started doing rest of my chores.

Soon I was ready to go to University, doing Fajr I gave myself one last look in the mirror Ammi's choice of clothes is always amazing I was wearing a dandelion yellow cotton kurta, embroidered cotton pants with a white embroidered dupatta, my hair cascading down my back covering my head with dupatta I grabbed my bag and went downstairs, Ammi and Danish Bhai both were settled "Assalamaalikum" I greet both of them.
"Walikumassalam" Ammi and Danish Bhai say.

"You should start getting up early because soon you will get married and no one will tolerate this behavior of yours," Bhai Jaan teases me while stuffing his mouth with paratha.
"You first learn to eat or else no one will marry you" I retort back fixing my dupatta.
He rolls his tongue out "Ammi Keh de ise tehzeeb se baat kia kare".

"Stop being a Mamma's boy" I replied rolling my tongue out at him.

"Khuda Hafiz Ammi, sham ko thodi der ho jayegi assignment k liye Alaya ke Ghar Jaana hai" I inform whilst grabbing my bag and giving a kiss on her forehead I leave for University.

(Bye, Mom it will be late I'm going to Alaya's place)

I'm studying Clinical Psychology because since I was a kid I had the urge to help people, serve my country in whichever way I want to just like Abba Jaan, he is in the army the last time he came home was on my birthday just for one day, next day he had to return I miss him so much.

I wish he comes back soon, my Abba Jaan loves me so much he says I'm his Noor-e-Jaan, just like he is my Jaan, he is the one who spoilt me with the gifts and all the other luxuries Danish is Mama's boy and I'm Daddy's little princess, in my family, it's just four of us though we have cousins bunch of them one of my cousins is Alaya who happens to be my best friend, she has two brothers one of them Amaan whom I have never met he is stranger to me but Shahzain is always been there.