F i f t e e n (پندرہ)

Laila

Two days have passed and I don't know what to do besides feeling sorry and helpless for my condition I can not walk on my own I cannot do anything on my own and now that Alaya is married Nargis Baji has to do everything for me there is a constant fear on my mind only I can not show that to her she cannot know I heard her talking Amaan said he is looking for solid proofs if we want to expose her or if she is alone in this or working for someone.

It is eating me alive not knowing who is it and why would she do something like this I mean this family has given her everything Khaloo even paid for her daughter's marriage and gave money to her son so he can start a business but I guess you never know who is going to backstab until they do usually the least expected and the most trusted ones are who backstab you and leave you bleed to death without giving a care in the world.

"Laila, how are you feeling now?" Khala enters with some envelope in her hand.
"I'm feeling good now, what is it Khala" I inquire furrowing my brows.
"Oh this, ahh well these are tickets for you and Amaan to Murree you both haven't got chance to spent time together alone at all everything happened so fast plus Alaya and Afan are also going after that we will do your ruksati also" she states with happiness in her eyes but her eyes showed expectancy also. I don't know what to say about this I mean I cannot go anywhere not in this condition it's unnecessary as I won't be able to go out and enjoy anyway I have to stay in the room so I'll just stay here.

"I know what you are thinking it's useless and all but for the sake of me and your Khaloo can you at least think about it," she says smiling running her hand on my head I have always seen a motherly figure in her.

After she left the room Amaan walks in talking to someone on the call he is always on call or either smoking "doesn't he know smoking is harmful Eid Ka Chand" I said to myself.
"Did you say something, Laila?" He asks shit did he heard me.
"Oh no, why would I?" I retort back giggling nervously.
"Cause I heard some words followed by words something like Eid Ka Chand," he says mimicking my tone, damn he heard me.
"You must be dreaming I didn't utter a word," I let out.
He walks towards the bed " is there something on your mind so you can tell me I don't bite you know " he says in his deep voice and as soon as our eyes met for some reason they make me forget everything.

"I uh I um...you should not smoke this often it's not good for health," I mumbled looking at my hands.
He chuckles "okay I won't" I look at him confused what was the need to laugh about it.
"Why are you smiling?" I question.
"Because you are so cute and I'm glad that you care about me," he says pinching the bridge of my nose, I can feel my heart pacing fast as he touched me.
"What makes you think I don't care do I look like some heartless person to you?" I ask, yeah well good work Laila you have to ruin a good moment, my mind snaps at me.

"I never said like that and if it has hurt you in any manner then I'm sorry," he says placing his hand on mine his warm fingertips making circles on my knuckles giving me a tingling sensation down my spine and increasing the pace of my heartbeat.
I pull my hand away" why would I be hurt by your words or anything it's not like we love each other this relationship was forced on both of us so let's not pretend everything is great" as I said those words he arches his eyebrow, he looked bewildered at my statement.
"Yeah right, I was stupid to think that we can make this work, not for anyone else but at least for Khaloo and us so we don't spend our lives repenting or considering this as a mistake but thank you so much for hitting me with the reality," he says and stormed off from there.

A lone tear slides down my cheek he didn't have to be so rude about it if he doesn't want to be in this marriage he can ask for a divorce I'll leave this house and maybe go somewhere else, my eyes fell on the envelope Khala gave me why they want us to be one happy couple when everyone knows we can't be. Two strangers cannot be happy together we are so different, the reality is far more ugly than it looks and people think we will be one big happy family if we go on a trip spend some time together. You don't tend to love someone just in few days and that for Amaan and me we can never be in love when in the first place none of us wants to be together.