Chapter 17: The Nerve of this Girl

JAKOBY's POV

I was locked in a trance filled with bliss as I stared down at my manicured toes, thanks to Ramona. I fiddled with my hands while admiring the design Ramona put on them. The glitter sparkled on both my toes and fingernails. My hair was straightened with loose curls enveloping the shape of my face thanks to Kiki. I truly felt like THEIR Cinderella. How could I say anything to them, or about them? I would always break my back to come to their aid if I could. I was brought back from my trance when I heard my name being called.

"This year's Salutatorian is JAKOBY MONROE!" the Dean announced followed by a string of applause.

I strolled across the stage in my navy blue graduation robe with my honors ropes draped around my neck. The black stiletto heels clicked the stage as I strutted to retrieve my diploma. I was so fixated on the feeling of accomplishment I hardly noticed my mother and Uncle Eddie in the crowd wiping away stray tears. I felt a ping in my heart for briefly before I turned to face Noah who had a hand of at least three dozen roses that he handed me as soon as I exited the stage.

"I'm so proud of you!" he said planting a passionate kiss on my lips.

That got me a few glares from some of the cheerleaders that wished they could have a piece of MY Booker boy.

"Thank you! I'm so happy to leave!" I exclaimed loud enough for my mother and uncle to hear. "I want you to go off to college Koby. I'm so proud of you! I'm so sorry you hate me. It's completely my fault. I'll be here if you ever decided to forgive me. Today is not about me nor your uncle. We've taken enough from you, but know that you ever need ANYTHING we will go to the ends of the earth for you my dear daughter" my mother said wiping away her tears. "I know I caused a lot of pain for you. I'm sorry for ever striking you. I'm sorry for making your mom chasing behind me. Oh lord Koby, I'm just sorry, but I'm working very hard to earn your forgiveness and the right to be called your uncle again. I remember the times where you were glued to my hip. I let my anger manifests into something that ruined our family. I'll spend the days on earth trying to earn your respect and forgiveness. Here, I wanted to save and give you this" Uncle Eddie said handing me a card full of money. "Thank you both for this. I just need some time and space to create my own identity separate from the two of you. I love you, but I'm not ready to forget everything right now. I would like to think that the truth would have helped us heal. It was both of your abilities to keep secrets of the truth hidden from me that got us here. I love you both so much, but I need to go. Take care of yourselves" I said with a final hug goodbye.

Graduation went by extremely fast. The feeling in my chest of supreme accomplishment was overwhelmingly beautiful. I didn't dwell on my goodbyes to my family.

As Noah and I started to walk out of the auditorium we ran into his parents who merely looked between him and me. I didn't wait to be ignored. I walked away and was shortly grabbed by Leon who had been busy in conversation with Ramona. Besides, I wasn't a fan of Ashley hanging off of Maddie's shoulder shooting me an ugly glare.

"Hey, Salutatorian!" Leon said jokingly saluting me. "You're such a reject!" I laughed. "Are you coming to the Graduation Gala tonight then the after-party?" he asked right as Arthur and his girlfriend strolled up. "Um, I think Noah and I will be catching up tonight instead of attending the Gala, but he's somehow convinced me to go to the after-party" I admitted. "So I'm going to be all alone at one of those fancy parties chica?" Ramona whined, but soon locked eyes with Leon. "Doesn't look like you'll be alone to me" I said making her blush. "I'm going to miss you guys!" Arthur blurted out. "Me too" I agreed. "See you tonight?" he asked. "Not at the Gala, but the after-party for sure" I replied before Noah walked over to us.

NOAH's POV

"Hey, son. Good to see you here to support the family" my father said shaking my hand. "Regardless of what Maddie has done, she's still my sister and I love her. Not to mention, my girlfriend is also graduating" I said earning a scowl from Ashley who was conveniently standing with my parents. "Well, I'm glad you came even if it wasn't for me," Maddie said whipping her hair so that it slapped me in the face. "Noah, honey, how are you?" my mother asked placing her hand on my cheek. "I'm doing well now that I know where Jakoby is" I admitted. "I was so terrified of her. I was certainly relieved they found her" my mother said with a sad glint in her eye. "Me too, son. Me too" my father agreed to sound sincere. "Well, I have a surprise for Koby. I really need to get going. Enjoy your evening" I said turning to walk away from them ignoring the fact that I heard Ashley call my name.